Time to start the freshmen

Yeah, he seemed to be battling more than a lot of other guys. I'm not arguing he is good, but he grabbed 2 boards in 4 minutes. I would have given him more run last night.
In place of who?

In place of who?
I think we have multiple options.

Garcia played 38 minutes, I think 5 of those could have went to Treyton and played him with Payne, or when Payne was on the bench.

Maybe even Henley played like 30 minutes, I think 3 could have went to Garcia at the 3 with Payne and thompson (go big, play zone).

I think Ben was trying to send Treyton a message on Monday. He failed to attack a couple rebounds, and missed a defensive rotation early. The proverbial doghouse. He'll play more going forward.

That being said, PP is obviously better.
Will be interesting, he's already getting benched for freshman, and with Fox and Ihnen coming back next year... TT might be in the portal if this continues.

Everyone is so hard on Thompson when nearly everyone was awful last night lol
Oddly he has been playing pretty good defense thus far, he just isn't aggressive on offense, doesn't demand the ball in the post, he is not going at the offensive board, missed shots from the 3, he just seems hesitant in every thing he does on offensive end of the court.

I agree. We might be hard on TT but he’s going into year 2 and I haven’t seen much improvement since last year from the little we’ve seen. The game looks to fast for him. He’s slow on his feet, fumbles rebounds, and takes poor shots from the limited action I’ve seen thus far. His best bet for floor time is to focus on defense and rebounding. I feel he’s a division 2 player with division 1 size.

Oddly he has been playing pretty good defense thus far, he just isn't aggressive on offense, doesn't demand the ball in the post, he is not going at the offensive board, missed shots from the 3, he just seems hesitant in every thing he does on offensive end of the court.
He is still struggling on the glass, but I think he is better relative to last season. He is also doing little things to cause turnovers and his length does make an impact on that end of the floor. He probably doesn't need to play more than 15 per game, but we have had much worse options than him in the recent past.

I agree. We might be hard on TT but he’s going into year 2 and I haven’t seen much improvement since last year from the little we’ve seen. The game looks to fast for him. He’s slow on his feet, fumbles rebounds, and takes poor shots from the limited action I’ve seen thus far. His best bet for floor time is to focus on defense and rebounding. I feel he’s a division 2 player with division 1 size.
There must be some improvement, last year the team was forced to switch to zone anytime he stepped foot on the court… this year he’s been involved in man to man as well.

Good grief they’ve played one real game. What did you see 6 minutes against DePaul ?

I think Ben was trying to send Treyton a message on Monday. He failed to attack a couple rebounds, and missed a defensive rotation early. The proverbial doghouse. He'll play more going forward.

That being said, PP is obviously better.
I think the bigger issue for his PT than Payne being better is that Ben preferred to play Garcia minutes 32-36 at C rather than bring him in.

This year perhaps in an exhibition, point is it is a bit early to say he hasn’t improved. Give it to Big Ten season anyhow.
From what I've seen of Thompson he seems to have improved in some areas. However, there is only so much you can do when a player has poor hands and lacks foot quickness. Nothing personal, but unless there are more injuries I don't seem him being on the floor too much.

Good grief they’ve played one real game. What did you see 6 minutes against DePaul ?
He’s been underwhelming both games. Not to mention both teams aren’t anything compared to what we will see once we get into BIG play. It says a lot that he’s only getting “6 minutes” up to this point. It’s not hard to notice these things in limited minutes.

This is a ridiculous statement. He’s got work to do to be a high level post in the B1G, but he’d play huge minutes at most mid majors and all low majors.

Coopers free throws will hurt us the whole season. I don’t see much changing, unless you tweak his shot but with that comes growing pains and we don’t have time for that.
Make him shoot free throws underhanded.

Laughable.
What’s laughable? Treyton would be an extremely productive player in the summit. He’s a D1 player. Being a good B1G basketball player is another level. He still can get there if he adds more muscle (has the frame to do so)

What’s laughable? Treyton would be an extremely productive player in the summit. He’s a D1 player. Being a good B1G basketball player is another level. He still can get there if he adds more muscle (has the frame to do so)
He's Miles Tarver. He's a role player with good passing skills. He should be part of rotation, but should be a guy that gets dirty by rebounding and passing. The guy averaged 4 points a game at his prep school. He's not a main player.

He's Miles Tarver. He's a role player with good passing skills. He should be part of rotation, but should be a guy that gets dirty by rebounding and passing. The guy averaged 4 points a game at his prep school. He's not a main player.
Correct, he won’t ever be a main player. He can still be a good 5th starter by defending and rebounding if he gets stronger.

Top Bottom