Time to see who stays and go's

GoldenHerbs

Reaction score
I think our current recruiting class will stop dropping like flies, or maybe not since most dont have offers from other D1 schools. It will be interesting to see which of the current players stay and go. I think alot of the current players will wait and see who Minnesota hires as their new coach.

The current commitments will likely get offers. They will all be contacted by Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska. And it is likely that next January and February a lot of guys currently on the team do not return to campus.

But the right HC hire in December can minimize the bleeding and essentially bring some new recruits with him.

I think our current recruiting class will stop dropping like flies, or maybe not since most dont have offers from other D1 schools. It will be interesting to see which of the current players stay and go. I think alot of the current players will wait and see who Minnesota hires as their new coach.

play4brew.com now = play4who?.com

If they bring in a proven winner, a big time guy, the players will stay. What will be interesting is how many will be asked to leave... or not have their scholarships renewed. The next coach and his staff will evaluate talent and character when they take the reigns. There is always a weeding out period.

Brewster was one of the lowest paid coaches in the big ten. whoever they bring in will not be a big name or proven winner. Does anyone really think we are going to spend 2-5 million on a coach this time? We will get a new name and same old song and dance.

The current commitments will likely get offers. They will all be contacted by Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska. And it is likely that next January and February a lot of guys currently on the team do not return to campus.

But the right HC hire in December can minimize the bleeding and essentially bring some new recruits with him.

Brewster was one of the lowest paid coaches in the big ten. whoever they bring in will not be a big name or proven winner. Does anyone really think we are going to spend 2-5 million on a coach this time? We will get a new name and same old song and dance.

An experienced poster and an inexperienced poster are showing some remarkable ignorance. We will get a big hire this time. I think we have the financial wherewithal in the new stadium to do it. I think we have boosters, like Harvey McKay and his pals, which will help pay the bill. Plus the stadium itself...

A big hire saves the recruiting class, and may ADD some unexpected results.

Current players: where are these kids going to go, DII? Would it be worth it for them to sit out a year??? This ain't Pro football...

We will see. I have been watching and dying with this program for many a year. I am just going on past experiences. We are after all Minnesota cheap!

Most (All?) of the current recruits do have D1 offers, however there are many (30%?) who don't have other BCS offers.

They better if they want to win like Maturi said the do.

An experienced poster and an inexperienced poster are showing some remarkable ignorance. We will get a big hire this time. I think we have the financial wherewithal in the new stadium to do it. I think we have boosters, like Harvey McKay and his pals, which will help pay the bill. Plus the stadium itself...

Current players: where are these kids going to go, DII? Would it be worth it for them to sit out a year??? This ain't Pro football...

Why didn't Harvey and the "boys" pony up the last time? The story was that big time boosters walked out of the Texas Tech debacle demanding that Mase be fired right away. If this story is repeating itself again, will the big boys really come through with the bucks??

I wonder if the U is ready and committed to selling its soul to the devil ala Clem Haskins. Everybody in the Big Ten can't be a winner .... the math doesn't work out.

My God, you are setting yourself up for a disappointment if you expect zero fallout from this firing.

Guys leave all the time with a hell of a lot less than a HC change as justification. Some go DII, some asked to be released, some sit-out a year, some quit football entirely. Like I said, the right hire can minimize the bleeding. But there is going to be some.

The right hire combined with the right timing can actually improve the current recruiting class and retain the current players that matter the most.

But let's not act shocked if we hear someone is de-committing or quitting the team.

Why didn't Harvey and the "boys" pony up the last time? The story was that big time boosters walked out of the Texas Tech debacle demanding that Mase be fired right away. If this story is repeating itself again, will the big boys really come through with the bucks??

I wonder if the U is ready and committed to selling its soul to the devil ala Clem Haskins. Everybody in the Big Ten can't be a winner .... the math doesn't work out.

If you watched the press conferense, Joel said it was Dec. 31 and most high profile coaches had jobs. Dec 31 is pretty last to start a coaching search. He also said he had the funds to higher profile coach but they just weren't there.

If you watched the press conferense, Joel said it was Dec. 31 and most high profile coaches had jobs. Dec 31 is pretty last to start a coaching search. He also said he had the funds to higher profile coach but they just weren't there.

And Brewster was the best they could do??? Wow .... what a bunch of crap.

And again ..... who in the Big Ten is willing to put up with a second-tier program?? Maybe Indiana, but that would be the end of that list.

Horton stated he would shut down official visits at this point. An immediate hire would be huge here... Bellotti, anyone?

Look at the Iowa and Nebraska commitment list and please tell me what players they are gonna be knocking down your door for

2-5 million? Your impression of what the top coaches make is a little off-base.

Here you go...

There's probably a half dozen guys--at least--who are going to get phone calls within the next week. The McAvoys, Bauducco, Vann, LaCosse, Matilus, and Moore all had offers from BCS schools. Hard to know right off hand if later commitments to those schools have closed off those opportunities.

scholarships aren't guaranteed...

I assure you plenty of kids are run off when regime changes take place... It may not be pleasant, but it takes place. Holtz, Alvarez, Rodriguez, etc... all clean shop. Just watch.

Players will go so will recruits.

If a coach is hired in time many playes will come and go. Some will look for better chances to play at another school. Some will be told they can stay but they wont play in hopes they will leave. Its the way of college sports at every level.

Top Bottom