Time of tomorrow's meeting???

Deja Vu doesnt open for another couple hours. we'll have some information then.

I agree, but one way you climb up as administrators in higher education is by deflecting blame. Higher education is more ruthless than you all realize. No AD or president wants to be seen as 1. subservient to the football coach and 2. not willing to make "hard" decisions.

Claeys if he is fired or quits will be getting a raw deal. The poor guy's mistake was the tweet supporting the boycott. In the world of higher education that was a no-no. Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh could get away with it, but Claeys can't since Claeys can't point to millions of dollars he has brought in like Nick and Jim. Claeys is in a weak position even with the 9-4 record given the attendance this year and the scandal.

If Claeys is fired it's not because of a tweet. That's ridiculous. He'd be fired because:
1. It's his/coaching staffs responsibility to make sure a 17 year old recruit doesn't get involved in a drunken and alleged sexual assault situation.
2. He's not Coyle's guy.

If Claeys is fired it's not because of a tweet. That's ridiculous. He'd be fired because:
1. It's his/coaching staffs responsibility to make sure a 17 year old recruit doesn't get involved in a drunken and alleged sexual assault situation.
2. He's not Coyle's guy.

Coyle would've been aware of both of those factors in early December when he said Claeys had his "full support." If you are correct, Claeys should've been fired then.

Coyle would've been aware of both of those factors in early December when he said Claeys had his "full support." If you are correct, Claeys should've been fired then.

So you think privacy laws allowed Coyle to know the details of the EOAA investigation while it was ongoing or was involved in the decision that the Office for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity made? No. He likely found out about the suspensions the same day he told Claeys.

He could have easily thought all this was behind them once the police cleared the players and was on board with giving Claeys at least another year. But now that it was all publicly brought back up, and it looks bad for the University regardless of if you feel the suspensions were right or wrong, he may now be forced make a decision he wasn't originally going to make.

So you think privacy laws allowed Coyle to know the details of the EOAA investigation while it was ongoing or was involved in the decision that the Office for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity made? No. He likely found out about the suspensions the same day he told Claeys.

He could have easily thought all this was behind them once the police cleared the players and was on board with giving Claeys at least another year. But now that it was all publicly brought back up, and it looks bad for the University regardless of if you feel the suspensions were right or wrong, he may now be forced make a decision he wasn't originally going to make.

Your #1 was known back in September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even us here on Gopherhole knew about the recruit during the restraining order process. Ray Buford's dad tweeted about it. If I knew about it, I think Coyle knew. And I sure as hell hope he knew on December 1 whether Claeys is "his guy."

I have no doubt that that this is a response to the 82-age report being leaked to the public. However, I do not believe the details of the report are what changed Coyle's mind about Claeys -- he was privy to the details. I do believe he is bowing to public pressure about the report.

2. He's not Coyle's guy.

From what I've seen of Coyle the less enthused I am for "his guy" if he fires TC.

From what I've seen of Coyle the less enthused I am for "his guy" if he fires TC.

No doubt part of the Coyle interview process will include the candidates demonstrating how infrequently they can send out vague non committal emails to the media.

Your #1 was known back in September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Even if that's the reason given (which would seem pretty unfair to me), it would be an obvious scapegoat.

I think keeping Claeys is the safe play for Scotland. The Board and the boosters and gopherholes sound to be in majority that Claeys isn't a bad coach and deserves an extension before the boycott... if Coyle fires Claeys now and the team takes a step back, that will all be on Coyle in his first major decision

I'm laughing at all the nervousness of the posters in this thread. If I remember correctly, Claeys was going to be out of the state (KS perhaps) as was Coyle for a bit. The first time they would be able to get together was today. It works as it gives Coyle and Kaler a chance to see how the winds were blowing and see what the public opinion is from an athletic viewpoint as well as the University as a whole.

I think Claeys gets extended but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some language in the new contract that paints the lines that Claeys has to keep the program between or he can be fired for cause with no buyout.

Top Bottom