Timberwolves Shootout 2009

Gopher10

Reaction score
Can anyone give me information on how to get tickets or so. Any kind of information will help. Was hoping to be able to go. Schedule with what team play what team and the time. Thanks

The date is Saturday, January 3rd. This year's event is a bit different, in that the out-of-state teams are all regional (i.e. from Wisconsin, South Dakota). Sounds like cost concerns led the organizers to bring in teams that are more local. The organizers did a nice job of getting the best teams and best prospects from Minnesota to play, but only Madison Memorial would be considered a really good out of state team. Souix Falls Roosevelt is pretty solid, as they have 2010 Iowa commit Cody Larson. My personal opinion is that the Sibley/Memorial game is far and away the best game. Should be a very good contrast of styles, plus the Mike Bruesewitz/Jeronne Maymon matchup should be very good. Courtesy of the Hoops Czar:

http://tchoops.blogspot.com/2008/10/2009-timberwolves-shootout-pairings.html

You happen to know when the first game start? And i'm guessing everyone plays on Saturday with all the games going back to back right? Are tickets sold at the door?

Games start at 10 AM and start every 2 hours with the last game at 8 PM. Tickets are sold at the door. In past seasons that has included a free voucher for a bad nosebleed seat at a TWolves game. Don't know if they'll do that this year or not.

I agree with Ole, Memorial vs Sibley is clearly the showcase game. Bruesewitz and Maymon are both do it all players for their teams. Memorial will be able to throw a ton of guards at Sibley and will really pressure them (even more than Hopkins). Watch freshman Junior Lomomba in that game too for Memorial in addition to Vander Blue and Maymon. Eden Prairie is on fire right now, their game with Rodney and Cooper should be very interesting. While Badger did qualify for the WI state tourney last year, they're not in the coaches poll (top 15) so don't expect much from the Hopkins game. The Tech vs Roncalli game may or may not be interesting, but the Roncalli motion offense is worth it.

Top Bottom