Timberwolves choices

I'm not really sold on Rubio either. The European game is a lot different and the hype for these international players typically ends with a bust. I also think Jennings is probably a lot better than his stats from overseas show.

Are you talking about Larry Bird or Kevin Love?

How's the sailing on the U.S.S. Hyperbole? When Kevin Love develops the indomitable will, shooting touch and a supernatural basketball sixth sense that Bird possessed you can make that comparison. Love is and will be closer to Brad Miller (which is not a bad thing) than he will ever be Bird.

I'm not saying it was a total disaster with the Love deal but that's not how I would build a roster considering the components I had on hand. Love is a decent complimentary piece to Jefferson just not the best piece one could acquire. And can we please stop with this "he's not a winner but that guy is therefore the winner is better". That's nonsense that people tell themselves to justify mistakes. Charles Barkley didn't win anything of substance (came close though) and had attitude/character issues for much of his career. All things being equal I'd ship Kevin Love to Kokomo for a player of Barkley's stature to play alongside Al.

I don't get all the Rubio love, he looks like another Euro-bust to me.
Rubio has been called the most skilled player in his age group since LeBron.

He's not the most athletic PG in the draft (Jennings) but he might be compared to a Larry Bird in how he sees the floor, anticipates and makes the right play. And like Larry "Legend", he is a much better athlete than he's credited for.

Although he is the youngest player in the draft at 18, he has the most experience ... international, Olympics, Euro-pro since he was 14. Led Europe in assists and steals and I believe he was named defensive player of the year over there.

does anyone think harden is overrated???from the games i have seen he is slow, cant get to the basket, and is an average shooter

Most of the mock drafts I've seen have the T-Wolves taking a SG/SF like Harden or DeRozen. Now, if the concern is about entourage..DeRozen's is probably far worse. That kid was brokered as a commodity from about 15 years on. His brothers actually got into a fist fight over his choice of AAU team.

If the T-Wolves do draft Harden I think it's a huge mistake. Not because Harden can't be a good pro but because they could have kept Mayo, probably ended up with a similar record, and then plugged in this season via draft a better complimentary frontline piece to Jefferson like Thabeet or Jordan Hill. You won't get the rebounding that you'd get with Kevin Love but you'd get better and more athletic defenders with (especially in the case of Jordan Hill) tremendous offensive potential.

Didn't you know? That's McHale's M.O. He likes making huge mistakes, it's what he does on a daily basis.

I wanted Brook Lopez last yr.

I stated to many that Brook Lopez was the thrid best player in the draft. A 7' with talent and he lasts until the 10th pick? Lopez and his outside shooting next to Jefferson would have been Golden. Plus he is an above average shotblocker.

I'm not really sold on Rubio either. The European game is a lot different and the hype for these international players typically ends with a bust. I also think Jennings is probably a lot better than his stats from overseas show.

I think you will proven wrong on both players. I see Rubio turning into a great player and Jennings struggling early on big time. I think we will draft Jennings, soI hope I am very wrong. If we do draft Jennings, I fear we will have Telfair x2.

McHale is not part of the front office anymore he doesn't make all the personnel decisions.

Sorry, should have clarified. McHale used to like making huge mistakes in the front office, now he likes making them as coach. But that's okay, the Wolves have a new guy in the front office to make huge mistakes along with the owner.

Here's to waiting for the next big mistake from the Woofies, which if they follow their established pattern, should be happening sometime during the draft.

I stated to many that Brook Lopez was the thrid best player in the draft. A 7' with talent and he lasts until the 10th pick? Lopez and his outside shooting next to Jefferson would have been Golden. Plus he is an above average shotblocker.

Love isn't bad but Lopez could have filled a hole that is hard to fill. That is the difference I think.

I think you will proven wrong on both players. I see Rubio turning into a great player and Jennings struggling early on big time. I think we will draft Jennings, soI hope I am very wrong. If we do draft Jennings, I fear we will have Telfair x2.
This is exactly what I thought until recently, but I've changed my mind.

It turns out that Brandon Jennings' Italian team (we're talking about a very good EuroTeam here) was stocked with a couple very good, experienced guards that always wanted the ball in their hands. The coach was not willing to let Brandon play through the expected mistakes that an 18 year old is expected to make. Jennings' is not my first choice, but he has definitely closed the gap.

Top Bottom