Tim Dandridge gone

Mr. Samsonite

Reaction score
Tim Dandridge is no longer a part of the university of MN and has apparently been kicked off the team according to my sources

Perhaps this is why Brewster is recruiting so many defensive backs...

Too bad, I had high hopes for him.

That's too bad. I had high hopes for him -- he had some nice offers (Purdue, Colorado, MSU) coming out of high school in Detroit. I was hoping he would make an impact next year.

What are the odds that there is a story about this, and the implication that this program is spinning out of control in the Strib and on KFAN tomorrow? 1:1?

Wait, are these the same sources that told you that Brewster got an extension, Samsonite?

Tim Dandridge is no longer a part of the university of MN and has apparently been kicked off the team according to my sources

If this is true we can only assume that Dandridge must have stolen $200 and beat up two security guards to get kicked off the team. In any event, at least we have one coach at the U who actually holds his players accountable for their actions.

What are the odds that there is a story about this, and the implication that this program is spinning out of control in the Strib and on KFAN tomorrow? 1:1?

And you can bet it will all be Brewster's fault for bringing in kids with behavioral problems.

And you can bet it will all be Brewster's fault for bringing in kids with behavioral problems.

Is a football player getting booted off the team not a newsworthy event? It may get sensationalized, but it's not as if this isn't newsworthy.

Is a football player getting booted off the team not a newsworthy event? It may get sensationalized, but it's not as if this isn't newsworthy.

Of course it's a newsworthy event, but it's how the news story will be written that is the sad part. If Dandridge is off the team, it does warrant to be mentioned along with any known circumstances. What is not warranted is another beat down of Brewster and the team to make the story more than it is.

Sure it's newsworthy, but KFAN and our local newspapers lack any knowledge when it comes to college football, so the mere fact that 1 player gets kicked off the team will be spun to sound like we are a program in chaos.

Just look at how the papers will handle anything negative happening with the football team compared to anything negative happening with the basketball team. There is a gigantic difference (and i'm a fan of both sports so i'm not bias).

Of course it's a newsworthy event, but it's how the news story will be written that is the sad part. If Dandridge is off the team, it does warrant to be mentioned along with any known circumstances. What is not warranted is another beat down of Brewster and the team to make the story more than it is.

I agree. I personally don't think the TC media is AS BAD as most on the Hole believe, but you are right, they've been known to stir the pot and see what reactions they get. If they do play the angle of look at all the off-field problems at the U, then I agree, pretty irresponsible since it seems like the U has been on par with most DI teams when it comes to the number of off field incidents.

I agree. I personally don't think the TC media is AS BAD as most on the Hole believe, but you are right, they've been known to stir the pot and see what reactions they get. If they do play the angle of look at all the off-field problems at the U, then I agree, pretty irresponsible since it seems like the U has been on par with most DI teams when it comes to the number of off field incidents.

I don't think the TC media is as tough as like NY media or anything like that, my issue with the local media is that it is really petty. They get personal vendettas or something in their heads and they can't get off that line of thinking.

When it comes to the Strib and the Pioneer Press, Tubby and the Twins are golden. They can't do anything wrong. They are both slightly above average teams (bball team went .500 in Big 10 last year and dominated in 1st rd. of tourney and the Twins are no where near the playoffs in anyother division in the AL). When it comes to these two teams, it is the definition of soft media.

On the other hand, the football team is slightly worse than the basketball team, with less off the field issues, but you sure wouldn't know that if you merely read these two newspapers.

sounds like timothy has been watching the movie half-baked one too many times this semester

there better be a really good reason for kicking him off the team, otherwise if he goes back to the D and gets killed brewster is going to have that on this head for the rest of his life

there better be a really good reason for kicking him off the team, otherwise if he goes back to the D and gets killed brewster is going to have that on this head for the rest of his life

Right, because we have no choice in our associations.

Ignore Brew_Recruit, he uses online message boards as a way to get attention. He never posts anything of substance, essentially just "LOOK AT ME" over and over again.

I'm sorry my posts aren't just: FIRE BREW, OR KEEP BREW FOR 2 MORE YEARS. There are other things going on that narrow minded fans don't realize and I point them out. Get off your high horse

so samsonite i read what sid wrote today and didnt see anything on dandridge. i'm assuming he got busted or tested positive for smoking the reefer?

I might be in the minority here, but until Samsonite actually proves any credibility whatsoever, I'm going to wait until I hear it officially.

My mistake. Apparently I did not read it in Sid's column this AM. I am certain I read it somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

I might be in the minority here, but until Samsonite actually proves any credibility whatsoever, I'm going to wait until I hear it officially.

Take it for what it's worth, but he has made some statements that ended up coming true (told us Eiree had signed before it was ever reported).

--Sophomore backup safety Tim Dandridge is not practicing with the team. "He's focusing on his academics," Brewster said. Brewster said Dandridge is still with the program and should travel with the team to Phoenix. But it does not appear he'll be playing in the bowl game. Dandridge was suspended for two games earlier this season for violating team rules and policies

This from Youngblood's blog. Sounds like he's in some academic troubles, and with it being finals week, and with him not being a needed player in the bowl game, this makes sense.

Hopefully it's not to the point of being on the verge of failing out, but I don't think you'd keep a kid from practicing unless it was do or die.

Best wishes for Tim to get his grades in line.

Top Bottom