Tim Brewster

gophersfan

Reaction score
i know another thread. But a friend from another board i visited, posted this.

Twitter exchange w/Dan Bell of FOX mentions that Tim Brewster, former Minnesota coach, will be working CFB sidelines for FOX this fall. He is working today at the Pac-12 Media Day w/Gus Johnson & Charles Davis. That could be the crew he ends up working with.

Wow. That's ... interesting. Guess I never saw him in that role.

Well there usually are pair of boobs on the sideline, not just one...

He might be OK covering games. It's either that or go back to being a position coach, and maybe work back up.

or he should just GO AWAY.. go coach hs football for $65,000 year and leave the rest of us alone, please!

or he should just GO AWAY.. go coach hs football for $65,000 year and leave the rest of us alone, please!

shut the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# up and go back to bisonville you dumb *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

Says Brewster, debuting on FX's Tulsa-Oklahoma game Sept. 3: "I'm less into talking to coaches and more into describing situational football."

Yeah, because situational football really was his forte'.

Besides, how tough does someone need to be to stand up against <s>Pee Wee Herman</s> Lakes?

Besides, how tough does someone need to be to stand up against <s>Pee Wee Herman</s> Lakes?

I don't know but I'm concerned enough that when I got to Zorbas @Ottertail I have my kids walk in the inside of my family, so I can protect them in case he is looking for some action.

I think Brewster would be a good fit with some DII school where "I was head coach at a BCS school for several years" looks great on a resume'. Brewster isn't a total train wreck; he just wasn't BCS material when the Gophers hired him. Who knows, maybe he will be someday.

It depends on how much he wants to get back into coaching. A TV gig can be pretty sweet without the pressures of coaching. If he wanted to get back into coaching, it would mean working his way back up the ranks.

Phil Miller's blog

CHICAGO -- The Gophers may be a consensus pick for last place in the Leaders Division of the Big Ten, but one member of the media disagrees.
Tim Brewster
Some TV talking head named Tim Brewster.
"I think it's very evident they have a lot of talent there," said Brewster, who recruited much of it before being fired as Minnesota's head coach last Oct. 17. "I was very much looking forward to coaching that team this year, because I felt like it was going to be our best team. It's a really talented group of kids."
Instead of coaching them, he'll be watching them from afar, as he focuses on his new life as a sideline reporter for Fox. Brewster, who went 15-30 in four seasons at Minnesota, will work a college game each week and probably an NFL game or two. "I'm really excited," Brewster said as he helped with the network's coverage of the Big Ten media day. "It's the first time in 25 years I won't be coaching, but I'm really looking forward to meeting with coaches, watching games, going to practices. I'm going to try to offer an analytical approach to football."

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH

That's just awesome, I love this guy seriously haha. "It's very evident they have a lot of talent there"....ummmm, yeah, I would think you'd believe that LOL.

I do hope he's right though, in that we'll have our best team in at least five years :)

Top Bottom