Tim Brewster: Zero HCing experience, zero coordinating experience

i'm batman

Reaction score
and yet two bowl games in three years.

sure they were *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ty bowls and he had a masonesque record and he lost both (however less embarrassingly than mason), but that is pretty decent for a coach with no head coaching experience and no coordinating experience learning on the job.

I am perfectly happy with where this third year coach with zero experience has the team, and I don't give a rats ass what the reactionists say.

I wonder if a rats ass has value. I bet cargill could find a buyer for a truck load of rat asses.

I wonder if a rats ass has value. I bet cargill could find a buyer for a truck load of rat asses.

Schnoods, never underestimate Cargill. I bet they could find a buyer for an entire Mississippi River barge full of rat's asses, which is probably around 50 truck loads.

Me too. While I wish we were farther along, I think the key year in Brew's tenure is next year. His recruits have now gained experience coupled with their athleticism. It is also nice to watch our d-backs be able to run with the receivers on the other teams while also having a defense that can stop the run and put some pressure on the QB.

The revolving coordinator door has been disconcerting, but hopefully that will be a thing of the past as well.

I believe our patience will be rewarded!

I'm not so sold on next year as being the year we make the big leap, but I love the talent that is emerging. The depth chart might suggest a flat 2010 with 2011 and beyond when we're solid all the way through. But that's the thing about young talent you never know when they are ready to play with the big boys. My guess is that next year is the year they learn they can, now will that be early enough to make a difference next year?? I'm thinking not, but I hope it is.

Yeah, batman -- Tim Brewster is a fantastic coach and he amazes me every day with all the great coaching he does. This team just gets better and better every game. I am perfectly happy going 6-7 too!! Two bowl games is a tremendous accomplishment for this fantastic young coach especially because he has no experience. It's not his fault he had no experience -- Maturi is the one who hired him! All these people who badmouth Brewster and say the team isn't going in a positive direction have no clue what they are talking about. This team will probably win the Rose Bowl in one or two years the way we are going. Mason REALLY sucked - Brewster is so much better than he was I can hardly believe it. It's only because Mason was such a terrible coach that Brewster hasn't won a Rose Bowl already. ALL of Mason's recruits were horrible and ALL of Brewster's recruits are the best in the land. Let all these other Big Ten fans laugh at us all they want - Brewster will really show them in another year or two. Get your tickets now boys, we are headed to Pasadena very VERY soon!!!!

.......There does that pretty much cover it for you there batman?? Actually, I think next year you will see the Gophers descend to a 10th or 11th place finish and then I am positive you will blame Mason for it and say it was all his fault!! I have a hunch you will change your tune by the end of next year -- you just don't see what is going on yet.

good job totally missing the nuance of the point. We get it you don't like this team and you can't see beyond the W/L record or the stat line.

1997 Minnesota 3-9
1998 Minnesota 5-6
1999 Minnesota 8-4
2000 Minnesota 6-6
2001 Minnesota 4-7
2002 Minnesota 8-5
2003 Minnesota 10-3
2004 Minnesota 7-5
2005 Minnesota 7-5
2006 Minnesota 6-7

I am so tired of the pessimistic views of all these "fans". Truth is I am far more excited and hopefull of the Gopher football future and any of the past yrs. Other then 2002 and 2003, this yr is like any other of the past years under Mason. I just think we are far better off in speed/athletes then in the past. our recruited talent are still young and many have not even seen the field yet. I am atleast 2-3 away from jumping off the Brew Express.

Mason left the team with some talent. I get that. Brewster's plan wasn't to take what Mason had established and build on that. He had a grander vision in mind. It probably never materializes, but I can't argue with his philospophy. He wanted a faster, more athletic team. He's building that. Mason had a decade to get the team to New Year's Day. It didn't happen. Brewster might get half the time. All of you that loved Mason's running game, let me ask you-Do you think if the Gophers fired Brewster today, they'd have the personnel to implement that offense on the field in September?

Yeah, batman -- Tim Brewster is a fantastic coach and he amazes me every day with all the great coaching he does. This team just gets better and better every game. I am perfectly happy going 6-7 too!! Two bowl games is a tremendous accomplishment for this fantastic young coach especially because he has no experience. It's not his fault he had no experience -- Maturi is the one who hired him! All these people who badmouth Brewster and say the team isn't going in a positive direction have no clue what they are talking about. This team will probably win the Rose Bowl in one or two years the way we are going. Mason REALLY sucked - Brewster is so much better than he was I can hardly believe it. It's only because Mason was such a terrible coach that Brewster hasn't won a Rose Bowl already. ALL of Mason's recruits were horrible and ALL of Brewster's recruits are the best in the land. Let all these other Big Ten fans laugh at us all they want - Brewster will really show them in another year or two. Get your tickets now boys, we are headed to Pasadena very VERY soon!!!!

.......There does that pretty much cover it for you there batman?? Actually, I think next year you will see the Gophers descend to a 10th or 11th place finish and then I am positive you will blame Mason for it and say it was all his fault!! I have a hunch you will change your tune by the end of next year -- you just don't see what is going on yet.

You're an ass-clown GoldRush. We all know you hate Brew. You and I argued as such during the bowl game in the GH Chat. At what point will you accept the fact that Brew is going to be the coach next year, support the team, and just wait and see how things turn out. The fact of the matter is neither you nor I can do anything about the status of Brew other than not renew season tix, which will do nothing in regards to the status of Brew. Give it up dude and just support the team for once.

You're an ass-clown GoldRush. We all know you hate Brew. You and I argued as such during the bowl game in the GH Chat. At what point will you accept the fact that Brew is going to be the coach next year, support the team, and just wait and see how things turn out. The fact of the matter is neither you nor I can do anything about the status of Brew other than not renew season tix, which will do nothing in regards to the status of Brew. Give it up dude and just support the team for once.

I think that I have probably been too negative on the Gophers and Tim Brewster and for that I apologize. No, I don't hate Tim Brewster, just a frustrated fan. I think I will just pipe down and refrain from being so negative. I do not wish to get the other Gopher fans upset - I think they would rather look for some good things and hope for the best. I guess I can't blame them, really but I am a realist and I have a pretty good idea what is going to happen next year because I have seen it happen too many times before around here.

Again, I will lay off being so negative and try to only post positive things if I can find them. Sorry.

GR.

Top Bottom