Tickets are electronic this year.

I think this is very much of an "age" thing. I work at a radio station where we give away Twins tickets as incentives to advertisers and give away some tickets as prizes for fundraisers.

The Twins have gone to a new system with no paper tickets. You have to download an app to access the digital tickets, and a lot of people who won tickets are not happy. they tend to be on the older side and less tech-savvy. We had a guy in here the other day, and our station manager must have spent at least a half-hour trying to explain to the guy that we couldn't just hand him a paper ticket, and then trying to show him how to download the app.

So, if you find yourself in line behind some older fans, be prepared to wait. Or, be a good samaritan and offer to help them.

So the email said to download the app.

The app only lets you login with an email address.

My typical gopher tickets web login is not with an email address / doesn't work with an email address.

So I created an account for the app...

Then the app... directs me to an in app browser and ... asks for my web login.

Guies WTF.

Got my hardcopy paper tickets today.

Unfortunately just the basic ticket...no inspiring FB scenes or art.

Still, very pleased the hard-ticket system is working too for those who request it.

My typical gopher tickets web login is not with an email address / doesn't work with an email address.

Guies WTF.
My Gophersports login has been email and password for a couple years now.

Guies WTF.
Agree, found that fact annoying.

Still scalpers outside Target field selling hard copy tickets. Some of them however are fake. I would think that the electronic version is going to cut down on the fraud that occurs. Twins I know still offer hard copy tickets.

Lines will be long. Hopefully internet is working well around the stadium. I shortcut the system by viewing the tickets and then screenshot so I can access quickly. App is dumb, open app, select tickets, have to select manage tickets, then need to login to a new screen that won't save my login passsword so I have to type in password everytime, then get to screen showing dates and tickets, then need to bring up each ticket individually. Gives you an option to save to phone, supposedly to google pay, when I open google pay, no sign of tickets. Any help would be appreciated this is silly.

How can there not be premade college ticket apps that work out there to purchase.

Lines will be long. Hopefully internet is working well around the stadium. I shortcut the system by viewing the tickets and then screenshot so I can access quickly. App is dumb, open app, select tickets, have to select manage tickets, then need to login to a new screen that won't save my login passsword so I have to type in password everytime, then get to screen showing dates and tickets, then need to bring up each ticket individually. Gives you an option to save to phone, supposedly to google pay, when I open google pay, no sign of tickets. Any help would be appreciated this is silly.

How can there not be premade college ticket apps that work out there to purchase.

Try this - when you start your Google Pay app, Click the far upper right icon next to your profile button. You will see a list of credit cards to set up. Ignore this, and hit the left back button. Now you should see the Tickets at the bottom. Worked for me. Uggh.

when I open G pay, I see an Icon under section called business where Patron Solutions is listed, I click that and there are my tickets

It's not as easy as my MLB ballpark app, I would think it time it'll get improved

Ok, I got with the program and my tix for Oh St are loaded on my GPay App. I also see an ad for Holiday in the lower right hand corner. How's that work, hand over my phone and they give me 10 cents off per gallon of gas?!?!

On a serious note, when I need to transfer tix does the recipient need to have BOTH the Gopher and GPay Apps or will either one do?

On a serious note, when I need to transfer tix does the recipient need to have BOTH the Gopher and GPay Apps or will either one do?
They should just need the Gopher app. They can then move the tickets to Google Pay, Apple Wallet or whatever they use.

They should just need the Gopher app. They can then move the tickets to Google Pay, Apple Wallet or whatever they use.
What is the Gopher App? Or do you just mean use a browser to login?

There is a Gopher Sports App (free) that I installed via Google Play. Looks like logging into the Gopher Sports via a web browser is also an option.

Say you wanted to sell an extra ticket(s) to some rando when you get to game. Can you text a ticket screenshot to them and they can use that?

There is a Gopher Sports App (free) that I installed via Google Play. Looks like logging into the Gopher Sports via a web browser is also an option.
Yes, I was referring to the "Minnesota Gopher Official App." That's much less cumbersome, at least IMO, than logging into the website through a web browser.

Yes, I was referring to the "Minnesota Gopher Official App." That's much less cumbersome, at least IMO, than logging into the website through a web browser.
Got it. Thanks.

Guies WTF.
I had issues with this as well. Best solution I found was just logging on through GopherSports on web browser & then adding the tickets to the wallet on my iPhone. Seems to be a work around so I don't have to even deal with the app....

I had issues with this as well. Best solution I found was just logging on through GopherSports on web browser & then adding the tickets to the wallet on my iPhone. Seems to be a work around so I don't have to even deal with the app....
Yeah the wallet type apps seem like the best route, offline, work great.

Is there a way to access these on gophersports.com? I am lost trying to navigate there.

Google Pay (or G Pay, whatever it is now) worked perfectly for me. It is the same process I have used for airline tickets too. I liked hard tickets, but this isn't too bad.

I don't know the transfers will work. Will cross that bridge when I get there.

This is the shittiest system I have ever encountered.

Loons use SeatGeek which is seamless and easy. Good god. The Gopher athletic department is awful at any changes.

Notes:
I can't add all my tickets to my Apple Wallet at once from the app.
It is cumbersome and barely works when on my home wifi--people are going to lose their shit at the stadium
I have to log-in constantly

I'm prematurely freaking out. I do not like change or technology. I should probably start working on this now so I'm ready in two weeks......

Top Bottom