Ticket Sold Update

jgbeck11

Reaction score
Does anyone have a number sold amount through the Gophers? I read about 9,000.

Most buy through secondary market so I'd guess 20,000 Gophers fans there.

Auburn will bring 15,000 at least. This seems like a nice but ho-hum bowl for them.

Does anyone have a number sold amount through the Gophers? I read about 9,000.

Most buy through secondary market so I'd guess 20,000 Gophers fans there.

Auburn will bring 15,000 at least. This seems like a nice but ho-hum bowl for them.
Man I want a NYD bowl to be a good him event for us....

It was insane. The Mizzou fans I met were stunned. Basically they had 2-3 sections that were mostly Mizzou and the rest was maroon and gold. Could have been 3 to 1, but the contrast was pretty stark.

It was insane. The Mizzou fans I met were stunned. Basically they had 2-3 sections that were mostly Mizzou and the rest was maroon and gold. Could have been 3 to 1, but the contrast was pretty stark.
I was there too. Maybe 2-1.

I was also there. Missouri fans were the 5 sections off to the back left. Verified Gopher fans had the opposite end-zone and entire right side. The Gopher contingency was impressive and a careful look shows 3-1.

30491726-30491726.jpg

I was also there. Missouri fans were the 5 sections off to the back left. Verified Gopher fans had the opposite end-zone and entire right side. The Gopher contingency was impressive and a careful look shows 3-1.

View attachment 6855
Attendance was just under 49,000. That would mean 36,000 Gophs fans.

Attendance was just under 49,000. That would mean 36,000 Gophs fans.
That's probably tickets sold ...

Bowl games "sell" lots of tickets. Corps/businesses buy them, give them away, people go "meh".

That's probably tickets sold ...

Bowl games "sell" lots of tickets. Corps/businesses buy them, give them away, people go "meh".
It was very close to that number. Stadium holds 65,000, so 49,000 is about 75% full, and it looked very close to that to me as I walked around.

So is the above picture a photoshop? It pretty easily looks like the yellow sections to the back left are about a third of the maroon sections to the right.

And those together look like a fraction of the total stadium. So wouldn't the 3-to-1 be fair, just for those specific sections? Rather than the general statement

So is the above picture a photoshop? It pretty easily looks like the yellow sections to the back left are about a third of the maroon sections to the right.

And those together look like a fraction of the total stadium. So wouldn't the 3-to-1 be fair, just for those specific sections? Rather than the general statement
I believe it's a picture at halftime as well. My observation from that day was it was 2/3 about Gophs fans. That's still very impressive.

I was @ the Citrus Bowl as well and the maroon n gold fans were the definite majority. I hope we are well represented tomorrow as well.

Yes ! Fun parade and stocked up on my gold beads to go with my maroon for the game tomorrow.

Is the game even sold out ? Holds only 65,000. In the Auburn fans world they already played in a much bigger game in front of way more people. Will we bring 50,000 ?

Is the game even sold out ? Holds only 65,000. In the Auburn fans world they already played in a much bigger game in front of way more people. Will we bring 50,000 ?

I'll answer your question with a question. How many non NY6/CFP bowls sell out?

I just want to see lots of Gopher fans! If Auburn fans don't show up that's on them. Too long Gopher fans had the perception of not traveling well (happens when you're a middling B1G team constantly screwed over by the bowls...looking at you Alamo Bowl)

We have been here for a couple of days, not sure where all the Auburn fans are. We see very few out around town

MN fans outnumbered Auburn fans at least 20-1 at the parade. It wasn't even close. I'm guessing most Auburn fans are driving in Tuesday.

It will not sell out. Since 2008 they've had 60,000 once. Last year Iowa Miss state had only 40,000.

Wouldn't 50,000 gold fans look sweet!

I just want to see lots of Gopher fans! If Auburn fans don't show up that's on them. Too long Gopher fans had the perception of not traveling well (happens when you're a middling B1G team constantly screwed over by the bowls...looking at you Alamo Bowl)
Not many sell out at all. The Camping Word Bowl with Notre dame did, Sun bowl had a good crowd but I think that's it. Alamo Bowl with Texas had tons of empty upper deck endzone seats.****My mistake, Camping Bowl not a sellout. 67% full.****

Last edited:

Not many sell out at all. The Camping Word Bowl with Notre dame did, Sun bowl had a good crowd but I think that's it. Alamo Bowl with Texas had tons of empty upper deck endzone seats.
Rose Bowl sells out every year.

Not many. 2015 Citrus Bowl was 16,000 short of a sellout. Maroon & Gold will represent!

It will not sell out. Since 2008 they've had 60,000 once. Last year Iowa Miss state had only 40,000.

Wouldn't 50,000 gold fans look sweet!
Thank you. Sure there is data on which fan base travels the best.

Not many sell out at all. The Camping Word Bowl with Notre dame did, Sun bowl had a good crowd but I think that's it. Alamo Bowl with Texas had tons of empty upper deck endzone seats.

Just a note of nostalgia here. The Sun Bowl gets tremendous local support and the stadium is right-sized at 51,000+. I was amazed at the families tailgaiting even in the streets leading into the Sun Bowl area back in 1999. Nice setting for a game.

Thank you. Sure there is data on which fan base travels the best.
I don't have any official data, but Iowa State would have to competing for the top spot. They absolutely invade their bowl games. In 2017 they had the Liberty Bowl in Memphis, against Memphis and were just short of a 50/50 split. Not to mention drinking Beale Street dry.

Top Bottom