Ticket Selection

Reaction score
I just logged into my gopher ticket account and there is now a button to look at 2009 football seat selection. It shows what seats are avialable and if a donation is required. It also shows when you day and time are for selecting your seats. In addition it shows what parking spots are available, how much it costs, if a donation is required and if tailgating is allowed or not. I was so excited I just had to come on here and tell people aobut it. The mailing should be on the way soon I would guess.

All the tailgating questions are answered on the website. Tailgating for the poor folks is available on West Bank and St Paul. Hopefully some West Bank is leftover when it's my turn.

I just logged into my gopher ticket account and there is now a button to look at 2009 football seat selection. It shows what seats are avialable and if a donation is required. It also shows when you day and time are for selecting your seats. In addition it shows what parking spots are available, how much it costs, if a donation is required and if tailgating is allowed or not. I was so excited I just had to come on here and tell people aobut it. The mailing should be on the way soon I would guess.

This is excellent! :drink: Nice first post LakerFB!

BTW, does your moniker refer to the Detroit Lakes Lakers?

This will be the first time I am looking forward to April 15th.:clap:

Doesn't looks like a whole lot of parking ...

even taking into account the fair grounds. Anybody happen to know what the total number of reserved slots are?

They even have the view from the seat up

If you click on the section and then the seat it allows you to see what your view of the field would be. Looking forward to selecting seats now.

As usual, I am not able to access the site. All I get after entering my info is a ticket order request for various teams/events.

I guess I will have to call and find out what is going on.

Bayfield

Did you notice in the upper right corner "2009 Tickets" or something to that effect? Click on that if you can and it will take you to it after a couple pop up windows.

I wonder how any times I will check it in the next 49 days...

Here's where the link is...

Did you notice in the upper right corner "2009 Tickets" or something to that effect? Click on that if you can and it will take you to it after a couple pop up windows.

I wonder how any times I will check it in the next 49 days...

See attached image. I highlighted where to find the link.

Attachments

• Where to find Seat Selection link.jpg
    Where to find Seat Selection link.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 44

even taking into account the fair grounds. Anybody happen to know what the total number of reserved slots are?

I'm not sure what you mean by reserved slots, but I've attached 3 images that show a spreadsheet I pulled together. It breaks down the parking into the 3 sections (East Bank, West Bank/St. Paul, and Contract Lots not open for gameday parking). For the EB/WB/STP sections it shows the # of total parking spots, parking zone for the ramp/garage/lot, # of tailgating spots, and # of RV spots. I've also included the total for all the spots in EB/WB/STP combined.

All in all, there are 9509 total parking spaces available across campus for gameday parking. Of those, 4439 allow tailgating. A few things to note:
- There are no lots on the East Bank which allow tailgating that do not have a mandatory donation required. There are approx 3900 free parking spots on the East Bank, but they are all in ramps or garages.
- I bet that the tailgate lots on the West Bank go FAST.
- There is a lot of tailgating spots available in St. Paul. Can someone refresh me on where the barns are? I know I don't want to tailgate in the stench of a barn...:pig:

Hope everyone finds this helpful!

Attachments

• Parking Breakdown - East Bank.jpg
    Parking Breakdown - East Bank.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Parking Breakdown - West Bank_St Paul_TOTAL.jpg
    Parking Breakdown - West Bank_St Paul_TOTAL.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Parking Breakdown - Ramps-Lots Not Open for Gameday Parking.jpg
    Parking Breakdown - Ramps-Lots Not Open for Gameday Parking.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 40

I'm not able to log in either. The Select 2009 FB Tickets link keeps taking me back to the list of tickets to buy.

I just spent 30 minutes looking around from different seats. September can't get here soon enough!

- There is a lot of tailgating spots available in St. Paul. Can someone refresh me on where the barns are? I know I don't want to tailgate in the stench of a barn...:pig:

I would avoid lots SC102 and S104, if possible, SC102 for sure if you don't like that fresh farm smell.

S101 will be a really nice lot because it's right across the street from the beautiful, and expansive, St. Paul Campus Mall. The mall is large enough to fit two pick-up football games, plus picnicing. If your have friends without parking spots, they should be able to find some in the streets around campus and come over to tailgate/picnic on the mall. That could become a real gem of a spot for people looking to tailgate. The St. Paul Campus is much greener (and nicer) than the Mpls Campus.

GO GOPHERS!

Seat selection --single seats

How is the ticket office going to keep single seats from showing up everywhere? If a row has 10 seats for example and one person takes 4, another takes 5 there is one that will be left. If we left the ticket office to have "some control" over the process they would be able to fit people in like a puzzle to avoid as the website mentions as "non consecutive" seats. Does anyone see a problem of several hundred single seats. I know some people if they have 4 seats and there are 5 left in a row will take that row hoping the single seat will be vacant some games.

anyone think that the T.O. can gently ask you to move rows on the day of your selection to keep the singles from showing up?

Maroon92,

This should answer your question, listed at the bottom on the selection page:

*Should you select seats that are not in consecutive order, we reserve the right to adjust your selections to eliminate any single seats (to maximize seating capacity at the Stadium).

I'm not able to log in either. The Select 2009 FB Tickets link keeps taking me back to the list of tickets to buy.

The same thing happens to me...it is slightly maddening. I feel like I am taking crazy pills!

Also, it lists the phone number to call the ticket office as 555-555-5555 if experiencing issues with the website :rolleyes: seems like a work in progress.

I'm not sure what you mean by reserved slots, but I've attached 3 images that show a spreadsheet I pulled together. It breaks down the parking into the 3 sections (East Bank, West Bank/St. Paul, and Contract Lots not open for gameday parking). For the EB/WB/STP sections it shows the # of total parking spots, parking zone for the ramp/garage/lot, # of tailgating spots, and # of RV spots. I've also included the total for all the spots in EB/WB/STP combined.

All in all, there are 9509 total parking spaces available across campus for gameday parking. Of those, 4439 allow tailgating. A few things to note:
- There are no lots on the East Bank which allow tailgating that do not have a mandatory donation required. There are approx 3900 free parking spots on the East Bank, but they are all in ramps or garages.
- I bet that the tailgate lots on the West Bank go FAST.

Hope everyone finds this helpful!
Nice work! I think the South Como lot is a tailgating lot, so you might want to change that. Also, I've notice a few lots have gone down a spot or two in just one day. When is the first day seat/parking selection starts?

Also, it lists the phone number to call the ticket office as 555-555-5555 if experiencing issues with the website :rolleyes: seems like a work in progress.

I'm getting this # listed at the bottom of the page: (612) 624-8080

If you're having troubles I suggest giving it a call!

Nice work! I think the South Como lot is a tailgating lot, so you might want to change that. Also, I've notice a few lots have gone down a spot or two in just one day. When is the first day seat/parking selection starts?

I'm pretty sure it says March 30 on the website.

Call the ticket office number. They got my issue resolved as I had to re-enter my password info.

Parking numbers changing

I just noticed that the spaces available has changed greatly for several lots/ramps.
4th st used to have 431 spots now is says 1,132.
Washington ave 498 -1,172
Oak St 494 - 1,862
S108 498 - 2,932
Como 439- 2,440

I just noticed that the spaces available has changed greatly for several lots/ramps.
4th st used to have 431 spots now is says 1,132.
Washington ave 498 -1,172
Oak St 494 - 1,862
S108 498 - 2,932
Como 439- 2,440

That'll teach me to build a spreadsheet off the Beta version of a seat selection site. :cry: All in all that is good news though.

Great info on the Seat site providing the date and time for selection. Anyone else having a "Seat Selection" party?? Our date is May 4th. May have to turn that into a day off and some golf after the seats are selected! Go GOPHS!

It wasn't working earlier so I checked with them, and it sounds like right now it's still just being tested and is more of a "soft" version. There are still some things that may need to be worked out or tweaked a bit, so nothing is final. The mailing is going out next week with the selection dates and times too.
After having some trouble logging in, they did say a lot of people are not logging in correctly with their existing usernames that each ticketholder already has but are creating a new one. I guess if you create a new account the tickets won't be in it, so it can get confusing trying to see information. Just make sure you get your current username and password- everyone does have one assigned.

So you are saying I may have jumped the gun a little by posting about this already. But like I said in my original post I was just too excited to not say anything. Sorry if it is causing people to have to call the ticket office and spend their time that way but it is just so interesting and exciting.

I am putting in for the day off on May 8th so I can sit on my computer and watch seats disappear leading up to my choice. I think I am going to be right on the boarder for getting chairbacks, at least if people pay for seats I will be. But if not I'll just be thrilled to be there. What time do the gates open for the first game?

So you are saying I may have jumped the gun a little by posting about this already. But like I said in my original post I was just too excited to not say anything. Sorry if it is causing people to have to call the ticket office and spend their time that way but it is just so interesting and exciting.

I am putting in for the day off on May 8th so I can sit on my computer and watch seats disappear leading up to my choice. I think I am going to be right on the boarder for getting chairbacks, at least if people pay for seats I will be. But if not I'll just be thrilled to be there. What time do the gates open for the first game?

No...its awesome that you noticed this! Its just good to know that any weird things we see right now are probably because they are still testing it.

Anyone know how joining groups together will work? The site mentions very little regarding how to make this happen.

Top Bottom