Ticket renewal has begun

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
Since the question gets asked here frequently, I thought I'd help out those looking for more information on the timeline for season tickets.

I just got the e-mail stating that the renewal period has started, and the season ticket holder page says that the renewal deadline is April 20.

2011 Season Ticket Information:

Gopher Football season ticket renewals are available online starting February 15th. All season renewal invoices will be mailed March 15th to all season ticket holders who have not renewed online. The deadline for season renewals is April 20th.

Just got that email as well. Weird that I feel excited just to plunk down money again for seats I won't sit in for over 6 months.

I'll be renewing this evening. Can't wait to drive up for that New Mexico State game...

Anyone else getting an "article not available" alert when they sign in and try to click pretty much any link on mygophersports?

Every season I have the same quandry; should I check the box asking if I'd like to move up if better seats are available.

On the one hand, I like my seats. The people next to me are all pretty cool and I'm close, but not "too close" to the aisle.

On the other hand, if I were to check that box every season for the next 5/10/15/etc seasons, might I end up with some pretty awesome seats? Would that be worth enduring imperfect seats (bad neighbors, far from the aisles, etc) every few seasons?

What do other people do? Stand pat or take a chance on moving up?

Also, if I were to elect to take the best seats available, will it matter if I renew today versus March 15?

That's exactly the type of thing you do to people all the time dpodoll.

Not when they are 2 minutes apart. And when said event just occurred moments ago.

That's slightly different than re-posting something that happened hours (or in some cases, days/weeks) ago.

Also, they're not even repetitive threads, because the other one is nothing more than a forum for the poster to bitch about the U's security policies.

Not when they are 2 minutes apart. And when said event just occurred moments ago.

That's slightly different than re-posting something that happened hours (or in some cases, days/weeks) ago.

Also, they're not even repetitive threads, because the other one is nothing more than a forum for the poster to bitch about the U's security policies.

It was a complaint about the Athletic Dept. and an announcement of the renewal. 2 for 1!

Anyone else getting an "article not available" alert when they sign in and try to click pretty much any link on mygophersports?

I get the same thing as well. I also would like to know what their plan is for Gopher Points and upgrading seats, maybe I'll see that information when the link works? The whole process seems broken...

Stand pat or take a chance on moving up?

I too, struggle with this. I have some kind of unique seats in that they are back-to-back, rather than side-by-side. We sit in the first and second row of the upper deck, with seats right on the aisle. Works out great in that the wife sits in the first row, and I sit behind her. She gets to put her feet up on the rail, and I don't have to make conversation with her when the Gophs are blowing it (arrrgggh) and my blood pressure is up. I wouldn't mind moving into the lower deck to some better seats, but if they aren't what I want, then I'll wish I had my old seats back. I guess I'm just too scared to lose my seats on the aisle AND rail. That's a combo I like, and the people next to us are great (and not overly negative, which is a huge plus) and don't go in and out all the time.

There we go, I just talked myself into staying pat. Thanks for helping me work thru that!:clap:

I too, struggle with this. I have some kind of unique seats in that they are back-to-back, rather than side-by-side. We sit in the first and second row of the upper deck, with seats right on the aisle. Works out great in that the wife sits in the first row, and I sit behind her. She gets to put her feet up on the rail, and I don't have to make conversation with her when the Gophs are blowing it (arrrgggh) and my blood pressure is up. I wouldn't mind moving into the lower deck to some better seats, but if they aren't what I want, then I'll wish I had my old seats back. I guess I'm just too scared to lose my seats on the aisle AND rail. That's a combo I like, and the people next to us are great (and not overly negative, which is a huge plus) and don't go in and out all the time.

There we go, I just talked myself into staying pat. Thanks for helping me work thru that!:clap:

I'm in the same boat. My wife greatly prefers the aisle and we're in a great row with only 8 seats and exits to the concourse on each side. Since I have 4 seats, this means we don't typically get folks trying to walk through us to get to the aisle. Less crazy "up-down" during the game. Plus, in row 4 we're literally right next to the stairs so you can make your runs to the concourse quick.

The only reason I'd move would be to get seats next to some other groups of friends. But to make it worthwhile we'd need 3 rows with 4 seats in front of each other (a row of 12 to accommodate the 3 sets of 4 wouldn't really get everyone "together"). Probably impossible, especially if you're trying to stay on the aisle.

I have uppers and I switched seats last year from 17th row to 10th row 2 sections over. Had major problems with people standing and want to move my seats again, had no problems where I was the year before. My ? is are there more issues with standing fans the lower you are in the section, like I said we had no issues being 17 rows up 2 sections over. Thinking about moving up higher to avoid it if I can.

I have uppers and I switched seats last year from 17th row to 10th row 2 sections over. Had major problems with people standing and want to move my seats again, had no problems where I was the year before. My ? is are there more issues with standing fans the lower you are in the section, like I said we had no issues being 17 rows up 2 sections over. Thinking about moving up higher to avoid it if I can.

You're supposed to stand up, it's a football game.

Here we go again. If that were the case, they would not have spent the money to put in seats. Stand and cheer for the big plays, then sit down. You get the same view.

I'm wary of trying to move over. We have really good bench seats and a few fat guys. If we move over, we trade the ability to hang half a cheek into the aisle for restricting plastic.

I like my five seats and the people around us are great (shout out to ForestLaker who coincidentally sits next to us) and we have no plans to move (plus the great Walter Bond has the Loge Box right behind us)

I really liked the application they used when selecting our seats the first year. If you actually new exactly which seats you are getting then it would make the worry of trying to improve. What the ticket office calls an improvement is very subjective

For now anyway...

We're staying pat where we are...2/3 up in 212 in the middle. It's similar to where I liked to sit in the Dome too. Old habits I guess...

Because we are loudmouths, Mrs. Billd and myself are pretty sure the people immediately in front of us ARE moving down to get some distance from source.

We'll have more data this year on this hypothesis.

Go Gophers! Get Conditioned!

It all went well. Password worked,I did not have to call the ticket office and change password, again. Now, what prize am I going to win. Hoping for tickets to USC game, that would justify the need to fly to California this September.
It is Christmas in February!

I do stand for big plays such as 3rd down and what not, but when your standing all the time with no consideration for others who either can't stand or have smaller kids you haven't got a brain in your head.

I do stand for big plays such as 3rd down and what not, but when your standing all the time with no consideration for others who either can't stand or have smaller kids you haven't got a brain in your head.

While I understand your point, it's hardly a matter of being a brainless, neanderthal-like football fan. When I conduct myself at the games I certaintly consider others around me and try not to offend or bother them. But, If children and/or handicapped people are annoyed because I am standing for my favorite team, playing an emotional sport, then perhaps the problem is their own.

I understand this issue has been beaten to death so we don't have to continue a back-and-forth. Only in Minnesota is there an issue with people standing at football games. I can't imagine this debate going on for years in other stadiums.

I can't imagine this debate going on for years in other stadiums.

Just Google "people standing for the whole game" and you will find plenty of links from fan message boards all over the country (college and pro) having this same exact argument. I was able to find it on boards from Virginia Tech, LSU, Tennessee, Iowa St., Louisville, New Orleans Saints and many more without looking too hard. It is definitely not just a Minnesota thing.

I agree with Maroon92. I would love to move my seatd but want a say in where I'm moving to. The computer format we utilized to pick seat in year 1 was great. In this day and age this should not be a problem. Stroke the post! Let's Go!!!

I agree with Maroon92. I would love to move my seatd but want a say in where I'm moving to. The computer format we utilized to pick seat in year 1 was great. In this day and age this should not be a problem. Stroke the post! Let's Go!!!

My best guess has always been that this is a cost issue. The seat selection tool (Seats3D) is owned by a company called Ballena Technologies (http://www.seats3d.com/index2.html). I'm guessing the U didn't want to pay whatever the cost was to use that product every season.

I was told last year by "the man in charge" that there would be a new system in place this year for seat improvements. I haven't seen any indication of that yet. And, yes, it's a cost issue regarding the system that was used for choosing initial seats when the Bank opened.

My online renewal process went smoothly. No issues or trouble to report. Hoping I win one of the prizes, but if not me, hope my fellow season ticket holding Gopherholers will get one!

Top Bottom