Ticket price increase info....

CP Gopher

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing the obvious but I'm unable to access my account....
Can someone post a link or the information that details the increases for each "zone?"
I'm not sure what my increase will be.
Thanks.

For someone who doesn't want to dig through the 23 page thread about this, can someone give me the cliff-notes about this price increase? How much more is it costing people?

For someone who doesn't want to dig through the 23 page thread about this, can someone give me the cliff-notes about this price increase? How much more is it costing people?

A lot of that going on around here.

Depends where your seats are. A good portion of folks will see a ~75% increase in total cost per year by 2017.

Ok, seat license now is $250 per seat. That seat license will be $750 in 2017.

Aren't seat licenses usually a one time fee? Why are these required donations an annual fee. At least the Vikings aren't violating you every single year for a donation.

Aren't seat licenses usually a one time fee? Why are these required donations an annual fee. At least the Vikings aren't violating you every single year for a donation.

Because they aren't seat licenses. They are scholarship donations. Scholarships need to be paid every year.

Just for ease of comparison - here's 2014 costs alongside 2017 costs. For 2017, add $330 base ticket price.

88E6UpQ.png

3pOPPnL.png

Because they aren't seat licenses. They are scholarship donations. Scholarships need to be paid every year.

Just being stubborn. If a "seat license" is a cost to purchase a seat than a "scholarship donation" which is a cost to purchase a seat seem to be the same, but yes the constant requirement and deductibility makes them different. Though from the map, guess we should be calling them "Per Seat Gifts".

http://infosources.org/what_is/Personal_Seat_License.html

Those in disagreement with this claim site that similar program(s) were in existence among many college fund raising activities prior to 1987 However the difference here is the fact that these programs were tax-deductible donations to a scholorship funds in which case the main "quid-pro-quo" was between the donation and the resultant deduction not between thedonation and the actual seating rights The seatingrights in all these cases were the"icing on the cake" not the cake itself and it remains to be seen how many of these "CollegePSLs" would have sold if any at all had they not been tax-deductible

they getting rid of chairbacks by 2017? that last pic doesn't have sections like 137,138 highlighted in red to indicate chairbacks but are highlighted in red in the 2014 picture

they getting rid of chairbacks by 2017? that last pic doesn't have sections like 137,138 highlighted in red to indicate chairbacks but are highlighted in red in the 2014 picture

I think that's a mistake. The 2015 map doesn't have those sections highlighted either, but I highly doubt they're removing seats this offseason.

Wow, I no longer live in the area and therefore dropped my ST, but I can see why people are pis$ed. My old seats in the upper half of 209 currently carry a $100 premium. That will be $500 (!) by 2017! Holy cow. 5x increase is crazy. I would've had a tough decision on my hands...like many others here.

Top Bottom