Ticket King owner Mike Nowakowski on Gophers/Buckeyes game in 2021: “We’re seeing some action on the game already”

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Ticket King owner Mike Nowakowski told Sports Headliners yesterday his company has sold a couple dozen tickets for the September 4, 2021 Gopher football opener against Ohio State in Minneapolis. “We’re seeing some action on the game already,” he said.

Ticket King prices range from $125 to $300 for the game that will be Ohio State’s first appearance in Minneapolis since 2014. The Buckeyes could be defending NCAA champions when they come to town.

Go Gophers!!

Also, while our loss to Michigan was pretty bad, we're still in contention for the West division championship. It's still a likely possibility, COVID cancellations notwithstanding, that this game is a rematch of the 2020 B1G Championship game, but with a whole off-season to prepare.

Also, while our loss to Michigan was pretty bad, we're still in contention for the West division championship. It's still a likely possibility, COVID cancellations notwithstanding, that this game is a rematch of the 2020 B1G Championship game, but with a whole off-season to prepare.
A likely possibility (more than 50%)? A small possibility.

Ticket King? That meatsauces favorite person in the whole wide world!

Who even has tickets to sell?

Season ticket holders don't ... not yet...

Someone selling tickets out the back door of the ticket office again?
Perhaps you can "Reserve" tickets on ticket king? Don't ticketing sites have deals with the athletic department to certain blocks of tickets or am I imagining that?

per Shama:

Ticket King owner Mike Nowakowski told Sports Headliners yesterday his company has sold a couple dozen tickets for the September 4, 2021 Gopher football opener against Ohio State in Minneapolis. “We’re seeing some action on the game already,” he said.

Ticket King prices range from $125 to $300 for the game that will be Ohio State’s first appearance in Minneapolis since 2014. The Buckeyes could be defending NCAA champions when they come to town.

Go Gophers!!

Shama gets played like a fiddle and provides free advertising to a ticket broker - unbelievably naïve.

Last edited:

Visiting teams are allowed a certain amount of guaranteed tickets for traveling fans.

Ohio State is operating the most expensive program in the Big Ten and is experiencing the most lo$$es. Perhaps they are broke and need to hock next year's tickets already. It's like Groupon, but for their athletic department.

Even last year with a full house, BCS trip, and $210M gross, they were in the scarlet for the year.

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

The first thing that comes to mind when I hear Ticket King is the corny Dark Star commercials. They were a staple on The Sports Show.
We need a 2021 version of the Sports Show. Who you got?

The first thing that comes to mind when I hear Ticket King is the corny Dark Star commercials. They were a staple on The Sports Show.
We need a 2021 version of the Sports Show. Who you got?
Lou Nanne, Glen Mason, Patrick Reusse, Chad Hartman, Dan Barreiro.

That show was crap. Dark star was terrible.
A lot of his eulogies included lines like "once you got to know him...", "he could be difficult at times, but...", or my favorite..."if he said this to you, you knew he liked you."
Comments like that reveal that a person is really a first-class a-hole. I ran into him a few times at the track and I swear to god the guy was bipolar. However, if you had breasts, a vagina, and a fair amount of good looks the odds of getting along with him were much, much better.

That show was crap. Dark star was terrible.

I listened a few times... I don't know what that show ... was supposed to be.

It was like the audio version of an vague facebook post where someone is basically demanding your attention with some non specific drama that you are supposed to breathlessly ask them what is going on...

The Sports Show was low budget awesomeness.

That could be a lot of fun, when they were in the mood to do a thing.

Sometimes I think everyone was just stopping by the studio on their way to something more important and they all were reaching for their keys ;)

But if it got going it was fun.

A lot of his eulogies included lines like "once you got to know him...", "he could be difficult at times, but...", or my favorite..."if he said this to you, you knew he liked you."
Comments like that reveal that a person is really a first-class a-hole. I ran into him a few times at the track and I swear to god the guy was bipolar. However, if you had breasts, a vagina, and a fair amount of good looks the odds of getting along with him were much, much better.
Nobody did more with Vikings whine line than the Dark man. Pro Football final was great, mostly because it started right after the game--no 90 minutes of cool down time listening to post game interviews.

That could be a lot of fun, when they were in the mood to do a thing.

Sometimes I think everyone was just stopping by the studio on their way to something more important and they all were reaching for their keys ;)

But if it got going it was fun.
Patrick was regularly seen at Nelson's Cheese Factory, kitty corner from the CW.

This guy nailed it!

Top Bottom