Through 4 weeks rank the big ten

Some guy

Reaction score
contenders

Ohio state
Wisconsin
Indiana (contrary to popular belief they have zero quality wins)
Northwestern

okay
Purdue
Iowa
Maryland

Hot garbage
Nebraska
Michigan
Minnesota
Rutgers
Michigan state
Illinois
Penn State

really the top 4 are clear.
The bottom 1 is clear until penn state wins a game which won’t be this week

In my mind, this is how it will play out. Assuming every game currently scheduled stays on and no massive covid/injury wipe outs.

East:
Ohio State 7-0

Maryland 6-1
Indiana 5-3 or 4-4 (depending on Purdue)

Penn State 3-5
Michigan 2-6

Rutgers 1-7
Michigan St 1-7

West:
Wisconsin 6-0

NW 7-1
Purdue 6-1 or 5-2 (depending on Indiana)

Iowa 5-3

Nebraska 3-4

Minnesota 1-7
Illinois 1-7

Very clearly Ohio St and Wisconsin, and everyone else.

contenders

Ohio state
Wisconsin
Indiana (contrary to popular belief they have zero quality wins)
Northwestern

okay
Purdue
Iowa
Maryland

Hot garbage
Nebraska
Michigan
Minnesota
Rutgers
Michigan state
Illinois
Penn State

really the top 4 are clear.
The bottom 1 is clear until penn state wins a game which won’t be this week
Penn State will win their last three games, and give Iowa a tough game at home.

I think the Gophers will win another, probably against either Purdue or Nebraska. We'll end up getting that Michigan State game in after all, in the 6th place slot

I see end of year matchups as:
1 Ohio state vs 1 wisconsin
2 indiana vs 2 northwestern
3 Maryland vs 3 Iowa
4 Michigan vs 4 Purdue

I think the following three games will be adjusted to avoid rematches
5 penn state vs 7 Illinois
6 Michigan state vs 5 Nebraska
7 Rutgers vs 6 Minnesota

Or

5 penn state vs 6 Minnesota
6 Michigan state vs 7 Illinois
7 Rutgers vs 5 Nebraska

this is contingent on Michigan beating Rutgers and penn state (that would be my guess)

I think the Gophers will win another, probably against either Purdue or Nebraska. We'll end up getting that Michigan State game in after all, in the 6th place slot
I would take beating Nebraska, but the game is in Lincoln. The Purdue game is obviously home, but they're just as good as Iowa and it's one week away. Hope they do something different.

I'm not sold that Wisconsin is a slam dunk in the West. They beat a crappy Illinois team and the freshman QB for Michigan played horrible last night. I mean just about as bad he possibly could have played, one of his picks he literally threw right to a LB with nobody around him.

I have been impressed with what I have seen out of Indiana. Not sure they have enough to beat Ohio State but definitely think they can hang with Wisconsin and anyone else left on their schedule.

I started a thread a while back saying it was going to be Northwestern vs. Indiana in the Big Ten title game. Was kind of messing around with it but I do think there is a chance that it could happen if Northwestern and Indiana get through Wisconsin and Ohio State on Saturday. I do think that this weekend will determine who is going to come out on top in the East and West based on the winners of those two games.

I'm not sold that Wisconsin is a slam dunk in the West. They beat a crappy Illinois team and the freshman QB for Michigan played horrible last night. I mean just about as bad he possibly could have played, one of his picks he literally threw right to a LB with nobody around him.

I have been impressed with what I have seen out of Indiana. Not sure they have enough to beat Ohio State but definitely think they can hang with Wisconsin and anyone else left on their schedule.

I started a thread a while back saying it was going to be Northwestern vs. Indiana in the Big Ten title game. Was kind of messing around with it but I do think there is a chance that it could happen if Northwestern and Indiana get through Wisconsin and Ohio State on Saturday. I do think that this weekend will determine who is going to come out on top in the East and West based on the winners of those two games.
Nice diagnosis. By the way, Milton is a JUNIOR, not a freshman.

Nice diagnosis. By the way, Milton is a JUNIOR, not a freshman.

My bad on Milton. He played like a freshman against Wisconsin and made a lot of the mistakes I think we were all hoping he would make against us in week 1. He looked the part of a very inexperienced QB.

My bad on Milton. He played like a freshman against Wisconsin and made a lot of the mistakes I think we were all hoping he would make against us in week 1. He looked the part of a very inexperienced QB.
I think playing against Milton in game one ended up being a disadvantage because the Michigan offense looked way different than it did last year. But then after they got some film on him, almost everybody is slowing him down.

Top Bottom