Three Gophers Invited to NFL Combine

gophersfan

Reaction score
The National Football League has announced a preliminary list of collegiate seniors who have been invited to take part in the NFL Scouting Combine, slated for Feb. 24-March 2.

Three former University of Minnesota student-athletes are slated to take part in the event. Wide receiver Eric Decker, linebacker Simoni Lawrence and linebacker Nate Triplett have each been invited. Some underclassmen and other seniors may still be invited later.
http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=38605&SPID=3280&DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=204868490

Wow unless Eric Decker get really heathly by then, he would not be able to complete.

The Big Tens leader in solo tackles Lee Campbell wasnt invited?? It said more invites could come but that baffles me that Triplett and Simoni get invites but not the him.

The Big Tens leader in solo tackles Lee Campbell wasnt invited?? It said more invites could come but that baffles me that Triplett and Simoni get invites but not the him.

They pretty much said this on TV during the Insight Bowl.

The combine is all about pro potential. The scouts who decide on combine invites looked at tape on Campbell (and possibly have workout numbers from last years pro day or from the spring provided by the Gophers) and decided he did not have as much pro potential as Triplett/Lawrence. It's been well documented that Lawrence ran something like a 4.41 during the spring which is ridiculous for an LB, and Mike Mayock (NFL Network draft analyst) said that Triplett was expected to impress in the workout as well. My guess is that the knock on Campbell is a lack of speed. He'll get a chance at the Gophers Pro Day to impress scouts as will Eric Small, Garrett Brown and Traye Simmons. I think Cedric McKinley is a dark horse candidate to end up in an NFL camp this summer.

As was said previously, numerous commentators and the sort have stated that Simoni has the highest NFL ceiling of any of our linebackers.

As was said previously, numerous commentators and the sort have stated that Simoni has the highest NFL ceiling of any of our linebackers.

That can't be right. Brewster is clearly overrated as a recruiter, and he wouldn't know good talent if it walked up to him with a LOI and a pen.

I noticed on Eric's Facebook page that his current city is Phoenix (yes, me and 4,500 other Facebook stalkers are friends with Eric Decker).

Is there anything in Phoenix that would help him rehab for the combine? I know that many draft picks will head to Arizona to train for the 40 YD and other combine tests.

Then again, maybe he is a snowbird.

Top Bottom