Thoughts on the win tonight...

RashoLives

Reaction score
Hi guys, been reading the sight for a couple of years but have never taken the time to join the party... BUT I was so encouraged by tonights game and its implications for our future I just had to chime in. Quick Observations:

Colton Iverson has been bashed a lot on this board in the past year. People have been quick to point out his lack of development as a reason that he does not deserve the minute playing time he has recieved this year. After watching tonights game I am more excited about Colt than just about everyone else on the team. The man played possessed tonight, he did so many things that will never show up on the stat sheet... chasing down loose balls, making the extra pass, rotating (albeit slowly) on defense. I think there is a good chance that he develops into exactly what we need in a big man, a hustle player who makes life easier on his teammates, I know it's blasphemy around these parts but he reminded me a lot of several former Badger big men, in that he did the best he could with his athleticism and played a smart game... I think he may have even hit a free throw or two.

The zone defense worked perfectly. Lord knows that Wisconsin has shooters and should be able to bust a zone, but the height of Colt and Ralph inside made it easy for our wings to fly around the outside contesting every shot.

I think the loss of Nolen (a great on ball defender) makes it easier for us to be a good team by allowing us to play to our strengths (team play). Devoe has drawn a lot of ire on this site this season as well but at his worst Joseph keeps the defense honest and occupies a man. The defense could lag to the top of the paint and close on drives and rotate in their zones easier when Al was running the point. While Devoe makes a handful of mistakes each night, I feel that he gives us a better shot to win in opening up his teamates (even if he is not the facilitator that Nolen is).

In short we have a lot to be encouraged about tonight, and this was a great win, both in sticking it to the Badgers and giving us a blue print as to how to best utilize our talent. It would not surprise me to see us reel off a couple of wins here and close strong.

Oh, and I also like the Big Lebowski.

Top Bottom