Thoughts on the game tonight

burton34

Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to catch the game or even listen to play-by-play. Can anyone provide some thoughts/observations on the game? Thanks.

Thoughts...

Austin has stepped up big time scoring and can contribute in ways that guys like Deove never could.

thoughts.

This was my first live look at the team this year and I don't feel like I really learned anything except that Mbakwe is willing to put it in cruise control rather than pad his stats against an awful team.

Tubby clearly told the team not to fast break in the second half unless they got a steal. The emphasis was on working the half court.

I guess I could say that I'm now comfortable with Oto taking open jumpers.

Should stop the hand-wringing at least until the next game, but it seemed like the U was stealing money from its fans with this game. At least some guys got minutes and I don't think anybody got hurt. That flashed through my mind with the alley-oop attempt to Trevor when he landed on one leg, followed soon after by a scrum on the floor. I think after the tourney and the game against VT, we'll finally have a better handle on this team.

We learned nothing from this game. This was a glorified Midnight Madness intrasquad scrimmage complete with a dunk and 3 point contest. Probably the worst college team to play at Williams Arena in years. They lost by 60 to Marquette last week....

I wasn't able to see the game, but you have to be happy with a 51-18 first half. I also like that Trevor only had to play 25 minutes and that a few guys (such as Austin and Andre) got confidence building double digit point nights going in to the tournament. The only true negative I saw from the boxscore was only one assist for Andre.

game went as expected pressure d against a weak team took over the game early,,, andre and austin hollins will have to shoot more for people to not double team ralph and trevor oto has a pretty nice but slower stroke.. like mulligan said we will know after the vt game,, however i think they should win this tournament depaul texas tech should be very beatable

Right up there with the Brown game a couple of years ago. The Mount was one of the most overmatched D-1 teams at the Barn in a long time. Good game to give Ralph a rest. Oto is a good player, but certainly does not appear to have the strength to play underneath. Stay on the perimeter, Oto.

I did not see/hear the game as well...

What happened/was wrong with RSIII?

it is clear that Tubby called off the dogs about halfway into the 2nd. Classy, but why not give some more mins to the deep bench guys?

I did not see/hear the game as well...

What happened/was wrong with RSIII?

it is clear that Tubby called off the dogs about halfway into the 2nd. Classy, but why not give some more mins to the deep bench guys?

Ralph's ankle was a little sore still and since the opponenet was below average they decided to rest him for the Old Spice.

It's hard to judge when your playing a High School team.

We learned nothing from this game. This was a glorified Midnight Madness intrasquad scrimmage complete with a dunk and 3 point contest. Probably the worst college team to play at Williams Arena in years. They lost by 60 to Marquette last week....

It looks like they are going around the country to set up reccords of being the worst team in the country.

Go Gophers

They lost by 60 to Marquette last week....

MILWAUKEE -- Marquette coach Buzz Williams had the luxury of being able to sub out his entire starting lineup 2:10 into Friday night's season opener against Mount St. Mary's.

The Mountaineers, meanwhile, could barely field a starting lineup due to suspensions and injuries.

"They only had six scholarship guys, so who we prepared to play was not exactly who we played," Williams said. "That incriminates us even more, with 16 offensive rebounds (given up). But to force a team into 29 turnovers and to hold them to the field goal percentage that we did, all of those things were very positive."

We learned nothing from this game

Wrong.

Top Bottom