Thoughts on Offense

minibeaver

Reaction score
Curious of people's opinions after game 1. The false starts and miscommunication was a bummer, but not completely abnormal as this is a new system in year 1 in game 1. That stuff will be cleaned up.

They told us we will look similar to last year and to me, they did. I was hoping though that our personality, what we call on a certain play, would change some, and I feel like it didnt.

Slow start again like last year, we didn't start passing until we were down, it seemed more conservative than what I was expecting.

Thoughts?

Didn't look like what I saw in spring practices. Was unable to make any fall practices so who knows.

We put up 30 points. How many times have we done that the last few years? And we our selves killed what 3? 4? drives with the snaps over the head and penalties? Who knows if we would have put up even more without those mistakes. Clean those up first. I don't think the sky is falling like some. Our OL seemed to pass block better than any point last year and hopefully our run blocking picks up. Smith sure looks like the real deal, wish they would have given him a couple more breaks, he looked gassed on a couple runs.

Our defense is still going to have to win us some games this year, but 30 points in the first game with all the mistakes we made is a pretty good start.

Didn't look like what I saw in spring practices. Was unable to make any fall practices so who knows.

We put up 30 points. How many times have we done that the last few years? And we our selves killed what 3? 4? drives with the snaps over the head and penalties? Who knows if we would have put up even more without those mistakes. Clean those up first. I don't think the sky is falling like some. Our OL seemed to pass block better than any point last year and hopefully our run blocking picks up. Smith sure looks like the real deal, wish they would have given him a couple more breaks, he looked gassed on a couple runs.

Our defense is still going to have to win us some games this year, but 30 points in the first game with all the mistakes we made is a pretty good start.

Yep...without the muffed punt and safety, Gophs probably win by 20. Got to fix the slow offensive start...another 1st quarter with no points.

My thoughts about the Offense?

They have a lot of kinks to iron out to be a B1G West contender.

Top Bottom