Thought I'd Share This - Aggie, Not Gopher Related

I have connections to people with season tickets. (my wife and bro-in-law are Aggies) So hopefully I'll get to another game down there one of these years.

They've done a great job keeping ahead of schedule. Can't wait to be up there later in the season. I'll catch you
then for the tailgate for sure.

Is everyone meeting up for the ASU game?

Too bad they couldn't hide the support columns on the upper deck, all that money and it still looks like it was built with an erector set.

Too bad they couldn't hide the support columns on the upper deck, all that money and it still looks like it was built with an erector set.

Plus the random exposed pipes:
jdl4j62.gif

It's no AggieVision...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

per ESPN today:

Since the stadium opened in 1927, much of its existence has also been accompanied by the presence of the bats who found shelter in the stadium, often in its upper decks. An estimated 250,000 bats lived in the crevices of Kyle Field and the stadium has long been a "bat-friendly" zone, with signs posted in the old stadium alerting fans to their presence.

The Mexican free-tailed bats, which are the official flying mammal of Texas, were vigilant in controlling insects, with the population eating anywhere from 50 million to 150 million insects a night. The large population of bats was difficult to clean up after, though, with bat guano appearing throughout the stadium and requiring an estimated $150,000 per year in cleanup costs.

How many bats make it back this season to the newly redeveloped Kyle Field, which has undergone a complete renovation in the past two offseasons, is unclear, but it won't be nearly as many as before. During construction of the new Kyle Field, Texas A&M took measures to prevent bats from re-entering the stadium, which led to the mammals taking shelter in other places, like dorms or the campus natatorium, which had to be temporarily shut down this spring after numerous bats made their way in.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13503957/college-football-stadium-oddities

Go Gophers!!

Bleed, so are you saying Aggies are batty?

Finally, a great looking stadium at Texas aTm! They're still Aggies though and a new stadium isn't going to change that.

FYI The ASU/TAMU game is in a neutral site. It is being held in Houston. Kind of like saying Wisconsin playing in Lambeau Field is a neutral site.
They've done a great job keeping ahead of schedule. Can't wait to be up there later in the season. I'll catch you
then for the tailgate for sure.

Is everyone meeting up for the ASU game?

FYI The ASU/TAMU game is in a neutral site. It is being held in Houston. Kind of like saying Wisconsin playing in Lambeau Field is a neutral site.

I know. I have my tickets. We sometimes find ourselves at the same tailgate.

Top Bottom