Thought I would share....

Thank Anti. Anytime someone creates a central location to link to when recurring threads come through the board (even if it's another thread later on the board), it's always worth having available.

I was actually a little disappointed with the scoreboard at the scrimmage. By the time they piled on all of the ads and statistics the viewing area for replays seemed no bigger than the smaller scoreboard mounted in the corner.

I was actually a little disappointed with the scoreboard at the scrimmage. By the time they piled on all of the ads and statistics the viewing area for replays seemed no bigger than the smaller scoreboard mounted in the corner.

Gotta pay the bills. Try to remember that reduced screen area is approx 4 times larger then what the Dome offered.

The ads were going to be there regardless. Just look at our old scoreboard or google Iowa's. Digital or not, that is where people look. But now they can use the whole space for big plays and intros. It is flexible.

Also that score board is bigger regardless.

The ads were going to be there regardless. Just look at our old scoreboard or google Iowa's. Digital or not, that is where people look. But now they can use the whole space for big plays and intros. It is flexible.

Also that score board is bigger regardless.

An excellent point. Think about Wisky's scoreboard. Overall, the thing is HUGE. But how much of that can be used for replays, etc? Only the 1 smaller video board. As anti notes, the U can get the same info/ads up yet pull them away for key replays, TD graphics, intro videos, etc.

Slight tangent. Did anyone else notice that the video boards were close captioned at the bottom? I thought that was pretty neat.

Slight tangent. Did anyone else notice that the video boards were close captioned at the bottom? I thought that was pretty neat.

I hated that. Drove me crazy, because I was reading it.

I am sure someone appreciates it, and it is necessary. Is that common?

Captioning

I noticed the captioning scroll across the bottom, and think it's a great feature.

It's no HAL 9000 ... it massacred Eric Ellestad's name while I was watching. But hopefully it can be programmed for certain phrases and names

I hated that. Drove me crazy, because I was reading it.

I am sure someone appreciates it, and it is necessary. Is that common?

I don't think its very common on stadium scoreboards and personally I thought it was a nice touch. Personally, I didn't find it distracting (I hadn't even noticed it until someone pointed it out).

Top Bottom