Those are the breaks.

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
We relied on our best player, and he kept us in the game. In fact, he was spectacular. On his 37th carry Ibrahim fumbled the ball away, essentially costing us the game.

It's tough, but I can't criticize big Moe too much. Without him the Gophers wouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

We relied on our best player, and he kept us in the game. In fact, he was spectacular. On his 37th carry Ibrahim fumbled the ball away, essentially costing us the game.

It's tough, but I can't criticize big Moe too much. Without him the Gophers wouldn't have been in the game in the first place.
Yes, the fumble was big, but the missed damn field goal, with the wind at your back, was even bigger. The game should have been 13-10 Gophers and we should have won the game.

And I don’t fault AK8 on the interception. The pass was there and it was just a great defensive play.

U2Gopher, I don't disagree that the missed FG was important, but it happened in the first half . There was an entire half remaining. Ibrahim's fumble was at the end of the game and cost us a presumed score and a possession, so it was a far more direct cause of the loss

I've been uncomfortable with the workload Fleck has been putting on Ibrahim lately, and that might not have been the reason for Moe's fumble, but i would observe that he didn't fumble on any of his first 36 carries.

Nope. Terrible coach

I’m to the point that I believe Coach Fleck cares more about molding young men, being involved in the community, being a mentor etc. Theae are all great things. I applaud him, I really do. He has a great mission in life. He should coach at Bethel.

Iowa also stopped two drives by snapping the ball over the quarterbacks head.
I was just stunned how Iowa was able to throw at will at various times. I'm more pissed about that than anything. I still don't get it.

AK hitting BSF in the redzone wins the game. Period. We would have taken over the game at that point.
A jump ball to BSF in the end zone isn't in the playbook for this offense..been calling for it for years

All the luck in the second half went to Iowa. I see people saying smith dropped that int. That was a very tough catch. Much tougher than Iowas int.

A jump ball to BSF in the end zone isn't in the playbook for this offense..been calling for it for years
This was a simple touch pass. It’s one thing if you miss it, but to look off BSF and nearly throw a pick instead was inexcusable.

Last edited:

We had a chance at a game-deciding interception on a tipped ball and dropped it. They get a similar opportunity a few plays later and catch it.

The only way the Gophers were winning this game was either winning the TO battle or at the very least breaking even. Coughed it up twice and forced ZERO turnovers. End of story. It's not that complicated.

Trickett has cost this team a couple of games this year, at least in my opinion, but missing some very, very makable FG's.

I was just stunned how Iowa was able to throw at will at various times. I'm more pissed about that than anything. I still don't get it.
If they were only able to pass successfully at times, and not able to pass successfully at other times, then they were not "able to throw at will.". They were only able to pass with more success than we would like.

Two plays before Mo's fumble, I thought how remarkable it was under the conditions all we'd seen is a snap over the QB's head, fortunately the other guys, but no fumbles on either side.

I did not say this out loud because Mrs. Billd would have verbally abused me for jinxing or whatever. I do love her...

Anywho, unfortunate as it was for both the fumble and interception, in general both teams operated as if "The Ball is the Program." Unfortunately I-O-W-A did not return the favor...

As big as the TOs were, Iowa converting on 4th & 2 (1st Q) was just as crucial. QB stepped up in the pocket to avoid what looked like a likely sack. Led to a TD, down 10-0, uphill from then on.

Zero QB pressure on a guy who’s a statue will do that

Top Bottom