Thomas Town-100 practice jerseys to give away

Go4rushing

Reaction score
Before moving to TCF Stadium the Metrodome Parking lot was home to Thomas Town, a family tailgating area to help kids get to know Gopher Players. The family of Jay Thomas hosted Thomas Town. As the Gophers moved to campus, Thomas Town was unable to move with them. Tailgating is more spread out; we couldn't find a way to bring young people to our site week in and week out.

We now come to Jay’s very last home game as a Gopher and Thomas Town is ready for one last hurrah. Prior to the Gopher Victory Walk you will find us handing out approximately 100 Gopher practice jerseys to kids under the age of 16. Our goal is to get these jerseys in the hands of future gopher athletes and fans. We will be located right in front of Goldy's Locker Room and across the street from Station 19. We will start to hand out jerseys around 8:45 a.m. The only thing we ask for in return is that when they announce Jay’s name prior to the game for Senior Day, wear or wave the jerseys and make some noise. Thomas Town will have given away approximately 200 official Gopher Football practice jerseys during Jay's time as a Gopher. If you have one, please wear it Saturday!!

Jay’s Gopher years did not play out like we all had hoped; he fought through not one but two separate knee surgeries. We are all very proud of Jay for working hard after each injury and finishing his football career. More importantly, we are EXTEMELY proud that he is graduating from the University of Minnesota. He has represented the University, Tartan High School, and his family very well. He will miss putting on that Maroon and Gold but believe me Jay and his family bleed it!!!

THOMAS TOWN

MISSION STATEMENT

Our Mission is to provide a fun and safe environment for our youngest Gopher Fans. We hope they develop a deep and lasting passion for Minnesota Golden Gopher athletics.

Thomas Town is our way of showing our appreciation for the wonderful opportunity and education that Jay has been given.

We are committed to supporting Gopher Athletics through our efforts. We hope that some of these young fans will ultimately be given the same opportunity that Jay has been given, and that they decide to “stay home” and become Golden Gophers.

The family of Jay Thomas enjoys every smile, every cheer, every happy memory that we help create. Thanks for joining us at Thomas Town!!!!

I think I can speak for just about everyone on the board, by saying "THANK YOU" for doing this! You and your family have gone above and beyond showing how grateful you are for Jay's opportunity. I'm just sorry that there wasn't a home for you in the lots this year.

What a great way to get people excited over Gopher football, and especially the kids - the new generation of fans! :clap::clap::clap:

Bump-Any chance the powers that be could sticky this to the top this week.

Thanks

This is a fantastic idea. I'll be bringing both my boys down that morning prior to the Victory Walk. They will love and appreciate this. Can't wait - thanks to the Jay Thomas family for doing this!

Jay Thomas should be starting, Brewster screwed him over. So dissapointed. This kid had so much talent coming out of hs.

To Jay Thomas and Family

Thanks so much for the years of Thomas Town as my son was never lucky enough to have his ticket pulled he always enjoyed the spin for the candy.

Unfortunately my son has a b-ball tournament tomorrow and we will miss our first game of the year and of course the great jersey give away. Definitely bummed to miss tomorrow but Jay has been one my son's favorite players the past few years and has the picture he took with Jay at the fanfest two seasons ago posted in his room

thanks Jay for being a great role model and best of luck to you in the future

Top Bottom