This was another really nice road win!!!

Is your only qualification turnovers and assists?
Of course not. Poor shooting is not sloppy. Tipped balls? We had 8 TOs. That is awesome. We rebounded well. We took care of the basketball. We did not have a slew of stupid fouls. In fact, outside of the end, there were very few fouls in the game period. The first half took 37 minutes actual time to play. Until the last 3 minutes, the 2nd half of the game was the same. The flow of the game - until the end, when NW had to foul - was awesome. If McBrayer hits a few of his wide-open looks, we blow them off the court.

The Gophers did not play sloppy.

You know what I like seeing? Effective second half adjustments. The team is better, and I think we're seeing signs of a good coach.

I'm here to eat crow. Last season I was yelling for the head of RP and in no way did I think he would be able to turn the team around - this fast or ever. I was wrong. I'm still not ready to crown him COY and the season has a long way to go but I'm coming around to the thought that he knows what he's doing. I think this is the first season with all of his own guys and clearly he's a coach.

I don't think we have played a team that has played as hard as NW did last night. They play REALLY INTENSE basketball. They may be a Tourney team as well.

Proud to be a Gopher fan(always will be)

I don't think we have played a team that has played as hard as NW did last night. They play REALLY INTENSE basketball. They may be a Tourney team as well.

Proud to be a Gopher fan(always will be)

We all need to be HUGE NW and Purdue fans for the rest of the season.

No such thing as an ugly road win. That said... FREE THROWS GUYS!!! We are lucky Mason found his groove at the end because it seemed like no one could make one.

So glad to see different guys stepping up again. Coffey and Lynch were huge in the big run to take the lead in the 2nd half. Clutch 3's from Springs and Hurt. Go Gophers!

Of course not. Poor shooting is not sloppy. Tipped balls? We had 8 TOs. That is awesome. We rebounded well. We took care of the basketball. We did not have a slew of stupid fouls. In fact, outside of the end, there were very few fouls in the game period. The first half took 37 minutes actual time to play. Until the last 3 minutes, the 2nd half of the game was the same. The flow of the game - until the end, when NW had to foul - was awesome. If McBrayer hits a few of his wide-open looks, we blow them off the court.

The Gophers did not play sloppy.

We can agree to disagree. I'm happy with the win and I agree with the McBrayer comment. My dogs were not happy with my yelling at him for every wide open miss. 3s, layups, free throws...just ugly game for him.

It is frustrating because he was sooooo much better early in the year. Needs confidence

Is your only qualification turnovers and assists? How many forced shots, missed layups and dunks, missed free throws (Gophers) and tipped passes were there? The teams combined to shoot under 27% on 3s, and if you take away the 5 insane minutes to start, it gets much worse

Remember those possessions against the 1-3-1? Remember the lack of offensive flow in the 3nd half? I'm glad they won how they did. Shows they don't need an insane performance from Mason or 20* points on free throws to beat good teams.

3rd half?

Looking forward to home court advantage #RocktheBarn

What I'm loving most is that this team has a grittiness to them that the Gophers just haven't had for awhile. That ability to just clamp down and make the win happen.

Let's keep it going!

We can agree to disagree. I'm happy with the win and I agree with the McBrayer comment. My dogs were not happy with my yelling at him for every wide open miss. 3s, layups, free throws...just ugly game for him.

It is frustrating because he was sooooo much better early in the year. Needs confidence

Not a great night for Dupree, but what was he, 3-10? He had at least two runners that just went in and out, otherwise a decent night. The ones that we remember that made it seem worse were a couple of wide open threes that he missed at key times and then the fact that he took the shot at the end of the first half about 6 seconds too early - reflecting perhaps too much confidence.

Not a great night for Dupree, but what was he, 3-10? He had at least two runners that just went in and out, otherwise a decent night. The ones that we remember that made it seem worse were a couple of wide open threes that he missed at key times and then the fact that he took the shot at the end of the first half about 6 seconds too early - reflecting perhaps too much confidence.

I'd like to see the ball in Amir's hands in the waning seconds. Drive to the hoop...score...draw foul...or dish. Probably the most versatile.

I mean, he wasn't awful but they were letting him shoot 3s. He knocks down 2 open looks and the game is a much different type of win. Luckily for him (and us) Mason made his FTs and locked it down

Two things that stuck out last night as small areas for improvement. Both Lynch related late in the 2nd half:

#1: Offense was passing the ball crisply. Lynch got it around free throw line. Tried to underhand pass it to Mason through the defender guarding Mason. Defended tipped it, dribbled down and scored. Don't do that.

#2: Lynch gets the ball on the block and is going up for a dunk. Rather than just dunk it, he decides to slam it as hard as he can. He brings it all the way back and touches his back (risking getting it stripped away) and slams it off the rim. Luckily Coffey rebounds and scores. Don't do that.

Two things that stuck out last night as small areas for improvement. Both Lynch related late in the 2nd half:

#1: Offense was passing the ball crisply. Lynch got it around free throw line. Tried to underhand pass it to Mason through the defender guarding Mason. Defended tipped it, dribbled down and scored. Don't do that.

#2: Lynch gets the ball on the block and is going up for a dunk. Rather than just dunk it, he decides to slam it as hard as he can. He brings it all the way back and touches his back (risking getting it stripped away) and slams it off the rim. Luckily Coffey rebounds and scores. Don't do that.

The first one almost had me throwing stuff around my house. I hate when players are so careless with the ball. But Lynch played a very nice game overall.

Top Bottom