This team...

thank-you.gif
parks-and-rec-chris-pratt.gif

Well, I'm not seeing any improvement as the season progresses.

So sad.

So many good looks but so few baskets. Ben cant score for them.

speaking of HS teams, I noticed that Park Center HS Boys team in MN is averaging 94 points a game. They've scored over 100 pts 5 times and over 90 pts another 3 times - in 11 games. and they only have 2 seniors on the roster.

send Ben over there to camp out on the front steps and try to find a recruit that knows how to score.
FWIW, Windom HS is the 2nd-highest scoring Boys team in the state at 87.5 ppg, but I can state for the record there are no D1 prospects on the team. They have a nice PG who is a D2 prospect.

speaking of HS teams, I noticed that Park Center HS Boys team in MN is averaging 94 points a game. They've scored over 100 pts 5 times and over 90 pts another 3 times - in 11 games. and they only have 2 seniors on the roster.

send Ben over there to camp out on the front steps and try to find a recruit that knows how to score.
FWIW, Windom HS is the 2nd-highest scoring Boys team in the state at 87.5 ppg, but I can state for the record there are no D1 prospects on the team. They have a nice PG who is a D2 prospect.
He did, carrington. They over power people were depth and athleticism. I would argue the way they over power people actually hides players flaws

He did, carrington. They over power people were depth and athleticism. I would argue the way they over power people actually hides players flaws

Very true. I think that's why doing the national prep thing before college benefits players. On the most elite of those teams, almost everyone is a really good athlete and they play against teams with multiple D1 prospects that they can't overpower like they can the general high school playing population.

When you have less talent than the opponent offensively, the best way to off-set that is “driving to the bucket”. They do not drive to the hoop. Battle hasn’t shot a Free-Throw in many games in a row. Today, Battle and Garcia shot a total of zero FT’s. 0 for 0. Team shot a whole 7 attempts. Going 4-7. Ain‘t gonna win ever shooting 7 FTA’s…..

At least we don't play Wisconsin style basketball. Could you imagine how low scoring the offense would be then!?! I'll ask MNJay to confirm.

When you have less talent than the opponent offensively, the best way to off-set that is “driving to the bucket”. They do not drive to the hoop. Battle hasn’t shot a Free-Throw in many games in a row. Today, Battle and Garcia shot a total of zero FT’s. 0 for 0. Team shot a whole 7 attempts. Going 4-7. Ain‘t gonna win ever shooting 7 FTA’s…..
Wrong person to pick. Battle gets the ball knocked away everytime he tries to drive in congestion. His best assistance to this team is to keep moving, like Reggie Miller, and then catch and shoot off curls.
Guys like Ola-Joseph can drive hard to the hoop.

to drive to the basket and get fouls, you have to beat the person in front of you.

We don't have the foot speed at any of the positions to do this.

You are f-----d when this happens.

We've basically been watching this for years at Minnesota.

This team probably has a few more wins if Battle is the same player he was last year. It’s hardly only his fault but his shooting has been very disappointing.

Top Bottom