This One Was on Tubby

Was the comeback and a chance to go into overtime at the number 2 team in the country on Tubby as well? Or does Tubby only get blame from you? A loss is a loss, but really, did you expect our roster to do more than come within a shot of playing in overtime against arguably the best team in the country (while Duke isn't at full strength)?

I don't know if this was covered in an earlier thread (haven't read most of them) but Tubby's decision to sub three freshmen when the gophers were down 13-11 was the turning point of the game. tOSU went on a run and the gophers were up against it for the rest of the game. There were no shooters and very little experience on the floor. What did he think would happen against the second ranked team in the country at home?

Was the comeback and a chance to go into overtime at the number 2 team in the country on Tubby as well? Or does Tubby only get blame from you? A loss is a loss, but really, did you expect our roster to do more than come within a shot of playing in overtime against arguably the best team in the country (while Duke isn't at full strength)?

Tubby gets full credit - win or lose. That was a loss. He's not short of getting credit around here. He's a had a very, very smooth ride these first four years. It's time for a little more out of our coach and squad this year. Expectations are higher and that's appropriate ocassionally.

If you watched the game you saw that we were getting thorougly outplayed until OSU let off the gas and we upped the pressure to full court. The game also comes int he context that the team hasn't looked good for a month- beating lesser teams and losing to equally talented ones. Everybody on here was ecstatic with Tubby after PR - turn about is fair play.

He's also not short of getting criticism around here. I wouldn't exactly say it's been a smooth ride. He's gotten his fair share of criticism from the fans and media and I wouldn't call it smooth with all the off the court stuff. There's nothing wrong with us making a come back because the other team loses momentum. That's how comebacks happen. I'm just saying I don't think it was realistic to come out of this stretch with more than 2 wins. Obviously it will be disappointing if we don't beat Purdue though. I just think blaming Tubby for being a shot away from going into OT at the 2nd ranked team implies that we somehow should've won that game. That's just not a reasonable expectation. Obviously winning or losing is all that really matters in the end, but I actually am encouraged by the fact that we've been in all of these recent losses which are really probably 3 of our 4 toughest games all year.

Tubby gets full credit - win or lose. That was a loss. He's not short of getting credit around here. He's a had a very, very smooth ride these first four years. It's time for a little more out of our coach and squad this year. Expectations are higher and that's appropriate ocassionally.

If you watched the game you saw that we were getting thorougly outplayed until OSU let off the gas and we upped the pressure to full court. The game also comes int he context that the team hasn't looked good for a month- beating lesser teams and losing to equally talented ones. Everybody on here was ecstatic with Tubby after PR - turn about is fair play.

Top Bottom