This just in: Iowa will kill us.

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
If this Iowa team shows up in Mordor for our date, we're in trouble.

Hopefully they will run out of velcro and they'll be fatally handicapped by having to tie their own shoes. Or maybe H1N1 will show up in Gopher colors. Always reasons for hope.

Ugh.

No!!! Penn State is just way out of sink.

There's a lot of football to be played between now and the iowa game.

Penn State is out of sink????!!!!

Where is all that rain water going to go????!!!!

Penn State is grossly overrated. Iowa's defense looks tough, though.

Hopefully they will run out of velcro and they'll be fatally handicapped by having to tie their own shoes. Or maybe H1N1 will show up in Gopher colors. Always reasons for hope.

Ugh.

Did you think this after their game against UNI?

I'm not saying we're going to win, but I think if we show up we can play with anybody in our league, especially Iowa - even this same team that's playing so well (defensively) tonight against PSU.

Notice - they are playing in slop. I will say, however, that their D-Line looks like it will be something to deal with (I'd take Klug (Caledonia, MN), and that guy that just blocked the punt).

On any Saturday any team in D-1 can win or lose...too many variables between now and the Iowa game.

If our O Line continues to gel and develop...I think we will be able to play with anyone...especially if we get Gray and Stoudimire involved more in our run game.

Our play action was superb today except our recievers weren't getting open. We had all day to throw...so an adjustment for deeper routes and more vertical looks when running play action should open the field. First three weeks we just couldn't run and play action was useless and the defenses were just rushing the passer on every down.

I like the test next week against Sconnie at home...they will be a good measure of our abilities and improvement.

penn state's just shooting themselves in the foot and its been raining like crazy....TURNOVERS!!!!

Ugh.

Iowa is, in general, beating PSU on the LOS, especially Iowa D-line vs. PSU O-line (which is playing horribly). Beyond that, Penn State, and in particular Daryll Clark, is beating themselves. As a Penn State fan, myself, this one is hard to take. It's eerily similar to last year - a game they should have won, in awful weather, Clark playing terribly, and Iowa taking advantage of big mistakes.

The refs have made a few close calls/non-calls going Iowa's way too. I'm very surprised with that, being in front of 110k blue/white fans and all. Just two plays before the blocked punt for TD, PSU #2 got hit very late in the head by Binns after an incompletion; no call there. Before then, Penn State, even after review, didn't get a catch that didn't seem to hit the ground on any angle of replay that ABC showed. Altogether, the Big Ten refs today have made three pretty awful reviews.

And just now, Clark threw another INT - why he is still playing (he was 3-for-15 over a stretch of the game!!!) is simply beyond me. No D-1 QB could play worse than Clark has tonight.

If Clark had 2.4 seconds to throw against that Iowa D-line, then what will Webber have? 1.3?

Bet it'll be closer than last year...and Iowa was without its best O-lineman tonight, impressive 2nd half performance, forcing 4 turnovers and blocking a punt for a TD...think the Gophers will play Iowa close.

We missed one with Binn. St. Paul Cretin and he's a genuine Hoss!

betting it will be closer than last year isn't really sticking your neck out very far.

Let's see what happens...but...Penn St. looked woeful. Competing with Ole Miss for most overrated team in history (except for Notre Shame this year, and the year before that, and the year before that and the year before that...)

Ugh.

Frodo has us covered.

I hate Iowa, but that doesn't mean I can't objectively look at them and see that they are a very good team. Not just this game either, they handled an underrated Arizona squad.

Wisconsin too. I thought Wisconsin would be awful this year and that simply hasn't been the case. Such is life. Hopefully we will beat them both and it will be that much sweeter.

On a more positive note, Michigan State and Penn State look a whole lot more beatable now.

IMO it was a matter of timing with Binns

We missed one with Binn. St. Paul Cretin and he's a genuine Hoss!
Gophers tried ... the timing was one year off. If Binns had graduated one year later, I think we would have had a good shot at getting him. But it was nigh-impossible for Brewster to make up the needed headway given the timing of his hiring and signing day.

They're the only team that looks great thus far. It should be an interesting year.

No surprise here. Iowa will have the best D and one of the best OL's in the BT. I picked them in the top 3 of the BT.

They're the only team that looks great thus far. It should be an interesting year.
I wouldn't say great. They've gotten better as the year's gone on, but they were extremely lucky to beat N. Iowa. I think the evolution of Gray as an offensive weapon could be the key to giving their D a lot to think about.

Their D line is impressive. I envision them giving us real problems on offense. I can't imagine running the ball on those guys or having much time to throw either for that matter. Binns really played well, man it'd be nice to have him as a Jr next year at DE.

Top Bottom