This is what happens when you go 2 years without recruiting LBs

Moore will embarrass any linebacker, he also embarrassed Durr. Aune did also get shook on that Michigan play. But against Purdue I’d have to rewatch the tape, but I thought he seemed to do a better job covering those throws out to the flats. He was right there to make the play against Michigan, I don’t think lack of speed is an issue with him.
I think everyone plays Moore differently too. With shifty guys like that you sort of hope to drive them to a spot, slow him down, make him make a shudder step if only to give time for backup to arrive....

Really hard to make judgments on a guy who misses a tackel on a very unique player.

I'm going to disagree with MplsGopher.

I see a lot of good in several of these young linebackers.
I think we'll be okay!
To be sure, if it's your 3rd fall in the program, as it is for these 2018 class guys (Aune, MSM, Rush), you're not "young" anymore. They might have even enrolled early and got an extra spring ball in. Not sure though.

I wasn't talking about 2019 guys (Gordon and Willis). Those guys I think have far more potential and athletic ability. Similarly excited about the 2020 and 2021 guys.

Also the Aune plays against Michigan and Moore were him trying to do too much, he bit on the juke of the players instead of keeping the outside contained and trusting his help on the inside, I’m not buying it’s an athleticism issue. I still think meaningful real game reps do the most for development, time will tell if he can gain more savvy.

If I have said it once.....MSM drives me crazy, reminds me of watching every Gopher linebacker from the 80's out of position and trying to chase down an opposing running back after another 40 yard gain.

Yes, I know I am being overly critical of MSM, but we need crazy speed at the linebacker position. I would take a bit undersized and fast rather than big and slow.

Also the Aune plays against Michigan and Moore were him trying to do too much, he bit on the juke of the players instead of keeping the outside contained and trusting his help on the inside, I’m not buying it’s an athleticism issue. I still think meaningful real game reps do the most for development, time will tell if he can gain more savvy.
You could be correct. Obviously the coaches will have a better feel for that than either of us. We will see

Top Bottom