This is unbelievable

Thanks for the honesty - very much appreciated. I'm with you on the 'very tiresome' comment... but that is where we are. Like I stated before the season started, I felt this was a 6th place team... (and didn't dwell on it, but in what is not the best conference this year, as many believe)

Now, if you look at our schedule.. it's brutally tough to start. If we don't beat the p1ss out of Indiana then I will join in on this bandwagon... that would be ridiculous.

You're upset people would think a 1-3 start is OK... but your focus should be what the team's conference record will be. "Play the games, win in games 1 or 2 or die!!!!!!" is unreasonable. If the expectation is 10-8, but a 1-3 start... that's a lot different than a 4-14 season, with a 1-3 start. The start of our schedule blows. It could turn out doing us some good, in a strange way.

Regarding expectations, I'd have just two. 25 W (or more) at end of season. And 1 or 2 W in NCAA games.

Averaging 21 W over first 3 seasons isn't enough in Year 4. And 0 W in postseason (NCAA or NIT) isn't enough, either.

Regarding expectations, I'd have just two. 25 W (or more) at end of season. And 1 or 2 W in NCAA games.

Averaging 21 W over first 3 seasons isn't enough in Year 4. And 0 W in postseason (NCAA or NIT) isn't enough, either.

I agree with this. If four weeks from now the team is 5-4 or thereabouts I think the bit*hing will subside. I think the main issue is the promise shown from the PR tourney and not sustaining the good play through the remainder of the NC schedule and the beginning of the B10. Art made a good point that maybe the wins over WV and NC are not as good as they appeared at the time, although NC did beat Kentucky, they might not make the NCAA's.

I am not giving up hope or saying the sky is falling, but I am not happy with the result the past two games, and even with some of the NC wins, which I had hoped would be more convincing. I still think 11-12 wins in the B10 is possible, but doubt does start creeping into your mind. The one thing that losing these games does is it really lessens your room for error. A bad loss at home to Indiana, Iowa, or NW really could hirt the chances of making the NCAA's, while if they had a road win at Wisky or MSU it would really strengthen MN's profile.

Top Bottom