This is the most embarrassing loss in U of M history.

GopherFB

Reaction score
SD is the second best team in SD.

This team shouldn't be within 30 points of ANY Big Ten team.

The good news is that I think Brewster has done a fine job of building a pretty good Division III program. I know we have the best program in DIII or even DII. So at least we have that.

I'm sure I will be banned for saying this, as from what I hear negative opinions are not allowed around here.

However, as a lifetime Gopher Fan I can't take this anymore......

For years under Mason at least we didn't lose to cream puff teams.

I want to know where these great recruits are that Brewster was supposedly so great at getting. Or is it simply that Brewster is such poor coach, not even overwhelming talent can't overcome it?

SO FRUSTRATED AND EMBARRASSED!

Maybe it's the X's and O's and not the Jimmys and Joes.

Most embarrassing loss? That's arguable, the 1983 Nebraska game is a good candidate. Where did you ever get the idea that negative comments aren't allowed here? If anything, the opposite is true. If you took them time to read the posts, you might note that lots of people are making negative posts and have been making negative posts without getting banned.

Maybe the yotes aren't as bad as we thought. Bunch of big farmboys that moved some beef around. We'll never really know cuz they don't play any other big 10 teams. It wasn't a blow out, we just got edged out. Let's get over it now and hope this results in big changes on d.

Most embarrassing loss? That's arguable, the 1983 Nebraska game is a good candidate. Where did you ever get the idea that negative comments aren't allowed here? If anything, the opposite is true. If you took them time to read the posts, you might note that lots of people are making negative posts and have been making negative posts without getting banned.

No, Nebraska was a powerhouse team that was ranked #2 at the end of the season.

It's a lot more embarressing to lose to SD than to lose 84-13 to Nebraska. SD isn't even a Divsion I team.

As for a banning: A friend of mine was banned from these boards. The only reason either of us could come up with was his negative comments.

Most embarassing losses.

1) South Dakota
2) Iowa 55-0
3) NDSU

No, Nebraska was a powerhouse team that was ranked #2 at the end of the season.

It's a lot more embarressing to lose to SD than to lose 84-13 to Nebraska. SD isn't even a Divsion I team.

If you say so.

As for a banning: A friend of mine was banned from these boards. The only reason either of us could come up with was his negative comments.

That you couldn't come up with another reason doesn't mean there wasn't one.

If you say so.

That you couldn't come up with another reason doesn't mean there wasn't one.

Well, if you have 3 people (including my wife who isn't a sports fan) look at the post (less than a dozen total) and can't find one thing that would be a personal attack, cussing or anything like that it seems prettey suspicious.

They go overboard on moderation on this site. It's a well known fact. People are banned for almost nothing around here all of the time.

Most embarassing losses.

1) South Dakota
2) Iowa 55-0
3) NDSU

Sorry no. Those would be Brewster's most embarassing losses, not this program's.

1)Michigan 03
2)Nebraska 84-13
3)Texas Tech 06 biggest blown lead in history of bowl games

Without knowing who it was, I can't say why they were banned. But it doesn't really matter. But the problem with the hypothesis that people are banned for negative posts is that there are great many negative posts on this board, and not just in the last couple days. They wouldn't be here if people were banned for being negative.

Without knowing who it was, I can't say why they were banned. But it doesn't really matter. But the problem with the hypothesis that people are banned for negative posts is that there are great many negative posts on this board, and not just in the last couple days. They wouldn't be here if people were banned for being negative.

Well, he sent an email to the the admins to ask why he was banned. No response, sent a second one, also no response.

Perhaps if there was a good reason they'd have responded and point out what it was.

Sorry no. Those would be Brewster's most embarassing losses, not this program's.

1)Michigan 03
2)Nebraska 84-13
3)Texas Tech 06 biggest blown lead in history of bowl games

How can the blown leads be the most embarrasing losses? In both games, we were either underdogs or minor favorites. We played great football to amass the leads in the first place. Yes, the way those games were lost was horrifying, but in neither case would you have been shocked/embarrased if told before the game that we would lose by those scores. Most painful? Yes. Most embarassing? Certainly not.

1. 55-0 Iowa
2. 41-38 USD
3. 84-13 Nebraska

Saying that it is "arguably the worst loss" or "one of the most embarrassing losses", that pretty much everyone would agree to.

How can the blown leads be the most embarrasing losses? In both games, we were either underdogs or minor favorites. We played great football to amass the leads in the first place. Yes, the way those games were lost was horrifying, but in neither case would you have been shocked/embarrased if told before the game that we would lose by those scores. Most painful? Yes. Most embarassing? Certainly not.

1. 55-0 Iowa
2. 41-38 USD
3. 84-13 Nebraska

I agree, TT and Michigan were bad losses but not on the same scale as 55-0,USD,NDSU or 84-13.

Can you help me about a bit with your thought process? You are pretty sure this post will get deleted and you will get banned yet you did it anyway. Can you help explain what you were hoping was going to happen?

Well, if you have 3 people (including my wife who isn't a sports fan) look at the post (less than a dozen total) and can't find one thing that would be a personal attack, cussing or anything like that it seems prettey suspicious.

They go overboard on moderation on this site. It's a well known fact. People are banned for almost nothing around here all of the time.

If you have been registered for less than two weeks and have made a total of 9 posts... how can you know any well known facts regarding this site (unless you are passing along hear-say regarding issues you are not directly involved with)?

I have been around here for a while and I haven't seen any evidence of overboard moderation.

Can you help me about a bit with your thought process? You are pretty sure this post will get deleted and you will get banned yet you did it anyway. Can you help explain what you were hoping was going to happen?

Well, just pointing out my opinion of over moderation of these forums. If they ban me for what I've said here, then they will have proved my point for many to see.

Let me try to restate that so I understand. You were trying to bait the moderators with an over the top negative post to test the limits on what they ban (you thought you pushed those limits.) So this had more to do with the site and its operations then really anything about the content of your post?

If you have been registered for less than two weeks and have made a total of 9 posts... how can you know any well known facts regarding this site (unless you are passing along hear-say regarding issues you are not directly involved with)?

I have been around here for a while and I haven't seen any evidence of overboard moderation.

I have been lurking here quite a while and have seen several people banned, you know with "banned" under their user name. Many of them didn't seem to do much to deserve it, others did nothing and some of them deserved it.

Just from my observation it seems like if you just happen to catch a mod on a bad day, you're out.

Let me try to restate that so I understand. You were trying to bait the moderators with an over the top negative post to test the limits on what they ban (you thought you pushed those limits.) So this had more to do with the site and its operations then really anything about the content of your post?

No, I was posting about the Gophers loss which is a much bigger deal, obviously. My comments about the moderation of the site was just a side note about another frustration.

LOL @ this thread, the attempt to "push the envelope" by posting something that might have literally been posted about 75 times already since Saturday is odd. You must not have been reading the threads and posts before you registered if you thought your post would lead to a banning.

EDIT: Of course, baiting a mod might do it if they feel like it.

I have been lurking here quite a while and have seen several people banned, you know with "banned" under their user name. Many of them didn't seem to do much to deserve it, others did nothing and some of them deserved it.

Just from my observation it seems like if you just happen to catch a mod on a bad day, you're out.

What else have you been doing while you have been lurking here? I'm getting the chills, and a little spooked out.

Given all of that lurking, you decided to register, and post a very negative thread as your first 'contribution'? Hmmmm.

If you've been lurking around here I'm sure you have seen all the negativity since Saturday's game, no?

The Water Buffalo game is the most embarrassing loss. 400+ yards rushing, nationally televised Friday night game, and a trinket game against the Skunk Helmets for the jug are more than reason enough.

This does make the top 10, if it makes you feel better.

Ah okay. My frustration levels aren't as high as yours are, and if your main point is about the loss then I'll let this thread continue. If it was more about the moderation then I'd disagree with your assertion. As a member of many boards people I've known who have been banned, have had posts deleted or warned, only a few of them will acknowledge that they were over the top, where as the majority will play victim/matyr. This board is waaaaaaaay to far on the lenient side of things, imo.

Let's not rewrite history. Mason had some real stinkers as well. I don't think they're on the same level as the loss last week but IMO they certainly rival 55-0 and the loss to NDSU.

'97 - at Hawaii - Lost 17-3 (Hawaii was a bad team)
'97 - at Iowa - Lost 31-0 (Iowa was unranked)
'98 - at Purdue - Lost 56-21 (Purdue was unranked)
'00 - Ohio - Lost 23-17 (not OSU but Ohio)
'00 - at Indiana - Lost 51-43 (bad Indiana team after big win at OSU)
'01 - at Toledo - Lost 38-7 (Lost by 31 to MAC team in Mason's 5th year)
'03 - Michigan - Lost 38-35 (blew 21 point 4th quarter lead)
'04 - at Mich St - Lost 51-17 (MSU was unranked)
'05 - at Penn St - Lost 44-14 (PSU was unranked)
'06 - Texas Tech - Lost 44-41 (blew 31 point lead)

That's 3 bad losses to non-BCS teams, 5 losses to unranked teams by 30 points or more, and 2 of the most epic collapses in college football history.

No doubt Saturday was possibly the lowest of lows in my life as a Gopher FB fan. However, there were many, many, many, many lows under Mason.

No doubt Saturday was possibly the lowest of lows in my life as a Gopher FB fan. However, there were many, many, many, many lows under Mason.

Mason gave us some highs too. Brewster, nothing yet.

FYI - if your goal is to get banned, you should try faking your own death (ahhh, I miss Kelly Leeks:cry:)

Top Bottom