This Iowa game is a BFG

None of it proves either is a better coach either.
that may be true, but both have never lost to Fleck at this point, with both games last year being in the category of someone really screwed the pooch at Minnesota. I just need to realize that Fleck is the greatest coach on the face of the planet, the players just didn't execute his perfect plan.

Or that 8 years in Fleck is on par with coaches that preceded him, nothing more, nothing less. More of the same, with the stains of an opportunity to win the west and play for a B1G title from 2019, 2021, 2022 on his pants leg. (If you define "opportunity" as you controlled your own destiny but never really had a chance).

that may be true, but both have never lost to Fleck at this point, with both games last year being in the category of someone really screwed the pooch at Minnesota. I just need to realize that Fleck is the greatest coach on the face of the planet, the players just didn't execute his perfect plan.

Or that 8 years in Fleck is on par with coaches that preceded him, nothing more, nothing less. More of the same, with the stains of an opportunity to win the west and play for a B1G title from 2019, 2021, 2022 on his pants leg. (If you define "opportunity" as you controlled your own destiny but never really had a chance).
I judge based on what they’ve accomplished, not one game. Oh yes the stains of missed opportunities to be WAY better than his recent predecessors, instead he has only done a fair bit better.

fair bit? That's a stretch, but if it makes you feel better, sure.

And the Illinois thing is three years in a row with a program that was an actual dumpster fire, not what Fleck inherited at Minnesota.

It COULD BE a Crossroads game for the program. Lose and maybe only win 2 more games all year? Win, playing really well, and build momentum. Maybe only lose 2 more games all year?
The way they played in the 2nd half, they may only win one more game this season. They may see recruits decommit and starters transfer. Next year could be worse. That's why I called it a crossroads game.

Top Bottom