This hire proves we're going to have to do this the hard way

stevedave23

Reaction score
Nobody knows whether Kill will succeed in MN but one thing we do know is this: if the gophers are going to "rise from the ashes" so to speak they're going to have to do it the Wisconsin/Iowa way. By that I mean we're going to have to "discover" a non-A list coach to turn this thing around. If the rumors about MN willing to offer $2M-$3M per year are true then evidentially Sid was right and A-list coaches will not touch this job.

There will be an incredibly tight leash on Kill from the fans IMHO. If he doesn't show progress fast they are going to blame this whole thing on Maturi and want to change coaches again, very quickly.

totally agree, good post

Agreed. he needs to show major gains with this team next year or it's going to be even harder to recruit here. I think Kill is the best football coach we've had since Lou Holtz. Can he recruit here? That's a HUGE question. His name carries no weight with HS players, but it might if his team does well next year. If it doesn't the knee-jerk reaction will be "bad hire".

A) We don't know A-list coaches wouldn't take the job, although if you're down to hiring Kill, I guess that could be assumed.

B) However, We do know of at least one A-list coach who threw his hat in the ring, but wasn't even interviewed.

Top Bottom