This dude has the Gophers in the Outback Bowl... at 8-4

http://thegazette.com/2013/11/18/bowl-projections-sorting-out-the-big-ten/

I didn't see if anyone posted this, but an eastern Iowa newspaper has the Gophers in the Outback Bowl vs. LSU, even if they lose out.

I don't know what this guy is smoking, but whatever it is, I want some.

In reading the article, it's clear that he uses reason and logic in deciding who will go to which bowls. As such, Minnesota in the Outback Bowl makes sense (better record than Iowa and Michigan, soundly beat Nebraska head to head, and NU has spent the past two years in Florida). Unfortunately, neither reason nor logic play a part in the selection process.

At 8-4, I see the BEST case (although unlikely) scenario as the Gator Bowl, with a much more likely outcome being a repeat trip to Houston.

At 8-4, I see the BEST case (although unlikely) scenario as the Gator Bowl, with a much more likely outcome being a repeat trip to Houston.

If we don't get the Gator Bowl, I see us falling all the way down to Dallas.

Try selling us vs. a C-USA team. Even on January 1.

I think for us to go to the Heart of Dallas Bowl, assuming we lose both of our last two games, we would likely have to get passed up either by two 7 win teams, or one 6 win team, in addition to getting passed up by any other 8 win teams.

Iowa, Michigan, and Nebraska look like the teams we'll be competing for bowl standing with. Iowa is at 6-4 and plays Michigan and Nebraska the next two weeks. Michigan is 7-3 and plays Iowa and Ohio State. Nebraska is 7-3 and plays Penn State and Iowa.

I really hope we don't end up in Dallas; playing a Conference USA team just isn't as exciting as playing a team from a major conference. Conference USA and MAC teams are the type of teams you play as appetizers before the Big Ten schedule starts. I wanna see the Gophers play a team that they normally wouldn't, which is why the Gator Bowl would be so cool. I don't think the Gophers have played an SEC team since beating Alabama in 2004.

Top Bottom