Things I'm looking forward to:

RolGnav

Reaction score
Jeff Jones - If he is good, let's mold him into a Heisman candidate. He was ranked higher than Ezekiel Elliot, and Elliot and even Justin Jackson did great this year. Which gives me a lot of hope that Jeff Jones will be great. I was afraid his body wasn't big enough to be effective for the Big10 yet, but Justin Jackson is slimmer, and still ran good. So excited for Jeff Jones.

Redshirt Freshmen WRs - If they're as good as Kill has stated, let's give them a chance and open up the passing game a bit.

Another year of The Corners - If Murray doesn't go pro, then we will have two great corners with another year of experience.

KJ Maye - He should have a big year next year because I think the coaches have finally learned how to use him.

I agree with your points. I'm also curious to see our TE situation if Maxx leaves. I'm hoping Duke excels as the next man up. Lastly, if Mitch can take the next step, that will be so big for us.

Agreed with all 4. I'm not too concerned about Murray leaving early. I don't think his stock has risen that much this year. Walter Football has him as the 15th corner off the board. Maxx on the other hand is already gone in my mind.

Agreed with all 4. I'm not too concerned about Murray leaving early. I don't think his stock has risen that much this year. Walter Football has him as the 15th corner off the board. Maxx on the other hand is already gone in my mind.

Agree on EM31. 1/2 way through the year I was worried, but I think he had an average 2nd half - nothing special.

I'm glad he'll be back next year. Our D should be very good.

Jeff Jones - If he is good, let's mold him into a Heisman candidate. He was ranked higher than Ezekiel Elliot, and Elliot and even Justin Jackson did great this year. Which gives me a lot of hope that Jeff Jones will be great. I was afraid his body wasn't big enough to be effective for the Big10 yet, but Justin Jackson is slimmer, and still ran good. So excited for Jeff Jones.

Redshirt Freshmen WRs - If they're as good as Kill has stated, let's give them a chance and open up the passing game a bit.

Another year of The Corners - If Murray doesn't go pro, then we will have two great corners with another year of experience.

KJ Maye - He should have a big year next year because I think the coaches have finally learned how to use him.

Just looking at what freshman running backs have done this season gets me really excited for Jeff and a lot of them were ranked a little bit lower than Jeff by at least one site. Perine at OU ran for over 1,700, Freeman at Oregon ran for over 1,300, Chubb at UGA ran for over 1,500, Fournette at LSU and Justin Jackson both ran for over 1,000. It just shows you how much of an impact and how easy it is for a young talented running back to make a difference and also how ranking RBs is much much less of a crapshoot than any other positions. If Jeff stays healthy and doesn't get kicked off the team or anything, I think there is a very low chance that he would be a bust. And I'm nearly just as excited about Rodney Smith as I am Jeff. I'm already trying to decide who I'm going to watch more of the from the first day of spring practice open to the public. The RBs with Jeff and Rodney or the WRs with Gentry and Holland.

I am looking forward to a dominate D through the air. I want each opposing QB to leave with an INT thrown and multiple games with more than 3 picks. I hope to see a D that simply is better than the opposing passing attack game in and game out.

Agree on EM31. 1/2 way through the year I was worried, but I think he had an average 2nd half - nothing special.

I'm glad he'll be back next year. Our D should be very good.

If hes average and nothing special lets encourage him to leave Anybody can play that boundary corner in Tracy Claeys scheme. Next man up will probably be an upgrade.

If hes average and nothing special lets encourage him to leave Anybody can play that boundary corner in Tracy Claeys scheme. Next man up will probably be an upgrade.

Maybe the most ridiculous post today- EM played great yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha what, have you watched Gopher football in the last two years?

I'm excited for the SOPHOMORES next year, those Freshman that stepped up on the d and played. Richardson and Elmore will have an extra year of size and experience along with Celestin. Getting Pook back will be nice as well if he is as good as he's been billed as (fighting for a starting job in the beginning of the year)

The D. I think it gets better next year. The DBs are gonna be hard to beat. Replacing Wilson will be tough, but I think Campbell, Lynn, Laster, and Poock will find a way to fill the shoes.

I was not saying he is average and nothing special. I should have been more clear. I love Eric Murray. He may be my favorite Gopher. My only point was half way through the year he was rated a top 5 DB in the nation by some ESPN dude and I was worried he might leave early. However, his 2nd half was not nearly as strong, his rankings are down, and I no longer think he will leave early. The #1 reason Claeys' D works is he puts his CBs on an island so the Ss can be aggressive - a lot of the time. BBC is flashy, but EM31 is better - just not ready to go pro, IMO.

Spoofin you seem like a great guy and very level headed. The problem a cb has at Minnesota is theres NO pass rush. Last yr TC55 had double digit sacks and Big Shede was a 6'5 guy who really pushed the pocket and got into throwing lanes. Being a lockdown cb and a pass rush go hand in hand Period! As far as not ready for the Pros? hes shutdown every single wr thats been drafted and playing in the pros that theyve put in front of him...Robinson(Penn st) Lattimore(indiana)Gallon(Michigan)Fuenches(Michigan)Listenbee(TCU) etc. Now ive said repeatedly that he will more than likely NOT come out this yr as EM31 really loves the U of M and has more TEAM goals that hed like to accomplish.

Spoofin you seem like a great guy and very level headed. The problem a cb has at Minnesota is theres NO pass rush. Last yr TC55 had double digit sacks and Big Shede was a 6'5 guy who really pushed the pocket and got into throwing lanes. Being a lockdown cb and a pass rush go hand in hand Period! As far as not ready for the Pros? hes shutdown every single wr thats been drafted and playing in the pros that theyve put in front of him...Robinson(Penn st) Lattimore(indiana)Gallon(Michigan)Fuenches(Michigan)Listenbee(TCU) etc. Now ive said repeatedly that he will more than likely NOT come out this yr as EM31 really loves the U of M and has more TEAM goals that hed like to accomplish.

Funny. I get teased by my friends how much I pimp EM31 and I now appear to be the guy saying he isn't as good as someone else is saying. That wasn't ever my point, tho. I don't disagree with anything you wrote 414. I just think EM31 will benefit a lot by coming back another year. I didn't think that midway through the year. Seems we agree he will come back (even if for slightly different reasons). We also seem to agree he will (eventually) be playing on Sunday. I appreciate your input.

I am looking forward to having a RS JR at QB

I am looking forward to having a RS JR at QB

+1

I have been really hard on Leidner, but he has shown improvement. His performance in the bowl game was pretty good passing wise (bad on the two fumbles), and so that gives me hope some hope about him also.

I'm just looking forward to signing day and the opening of spring ball. I'll start getting fired up for next season after the spring game

414, do you know Eric personally? 414 is the area code of his high school in Milwaukee, just wondering what your affiliation is to him. Eric is one heck of a player, one of my favorite Gophers. He has a tough job in our defense playing all of that man coverage on the boundary and does an excellent job. Good to hear he will more than likely be back for his senior year.

Looking forward to higher ticket prices.......sorry, too much coffee this morning

D-line for me. I expect a lot more pressure on the qb next year with who we have coming back considering how they played in the bowl game with who they had and the injuries this year. Defense will be stout. As a whole they will be very good with good Db's too.

Just looking at what freshman running backs have done this season gets me really excited for Jeff and a lot of them were ranked a little bit lower than Jeff by at least one site. Perine at OU ran for over 1,700, Freeman at Oregon ran for over 1,300, Chubb at UGA ran for over 1,500, Fournette at LSU and Justin Jackson both ran for over 1,000. It just shows you how much of an impact and how easy it is for a young talented running back to make a difference and also how ranking RBs is much much less of a crapshoot than any other positions. If Jeff stays healthy and doesn't get kicked off the team or anything, I think there is a very low chance that he would be a bust. And I'm nearly just as excited about Rodney Smith as I am Jeff. I'm already trying to decide who I'm going to watch more of the from the first day of spring practice open to the public. The RBs with Jeff and Rodney or the WRs with Gentry and Holland.

Nice attitude dude

Top Bottom