Things are ugly on OSU scout site

Ole

Reaction score
Take a look, pretty dang ugly. Bench Pryor, Fire Tressel, Start backup QB, if not backup should transfer, calling out fans to support, calling out fans to revolt. Not even a mention of Minnesota anywhere to be seen.

Yeah, I noticed the same theme on a couple of their sites. Basically, I don't think they realize or care that the Gophers are coming to town. It is all about firing or replacing everyone.

Yeah, I noticed the same theme on a couple of their sites. Basically, I don't think they realize or care that the Gophers are coming to town. It is all about firing or replacing everyone.

There's actually a poll thread on when and how to boo the home team/Pryor/Coaches, wow.
I don't think even the naysayers in GopherNation would sink that low.

You gotta love it. Their season is completely ruined before they even get to a BCS game this year. Do not lead the Big Ten, probably no better than a tie for first place. Two loses already, probably no chance of playing in any BCS game.

Gophers can get anything going on offense they have a chance.

when all you do is win as a program for years, decades, anything less just won't cut it-as far as they are concerned, we matter little to none-they know (and in many cases, have) better players, coaches, schemes, traditions, street cred, period. if they line up and play they beat 9 of 10 teams out there-and they know it-losses are the exception, not the rule

we can only dream that our program reclaims this level at some point, any point in the future-when we get pissed for losing one or two games a year, vs hoping to eek out 6 wins against opponents with losing records, or going .500, which in any other of life's pursuits (aside from batting average and picking up the ladies) is considered unequivocal failure

My college roommate is an Ohioan and a life long OSU fan. He has vowed not to watch another Buckeye football game until Tressel is fired. Buckeye fans are an irrational bunch, that is why I love when they lose early in the season.

Take a look, pretty dang ugly. Bench Pryor, Fire Tressel, Start backup QB, if not backup should transfer, calling out fans to support, calling out fans to revolt.

Does "nemosgold" have a close relative living in Ohio?

I live in Youngstown and in case you didn't know, the Vest once pretty much ran this city by leading Youngstown State to multiple NCAA 1-AA championships. Many in this area made him out to be the second coming of god, and now even the folks around here who are Buckeye fans are even thinking that his ego has gotten in the way and keeping this team anchored. Buckeye fans are NUCKING FUTS!!! ;)

Take a look, pretty dang ugly. Bench Pryor, Fire Tressel, Start backup QB, if not backup should transfer, calling out fans to support, calling out fans to revolt. Not even a mention of Minnesota anywhere to be seen.

Trust me, after they play us this weekend, Pryor will be a Heisman candidate. They will convert on 80% of their 3rd downs, Pryor will find receivers wide open at the corners and they will run up time of possession 3 to 1 over us. OSU by 28 over us is my pick if we play like we did last week. I hope I'm wrong, but I was at PSU and saw nothing to be hopeful about.

posts with "I hope I'm wrong" or similar phrases are huge cop-outs. All it means is you can be happy if we win and continue to bitch and say I told you so if you are right. You don't hope you are wrong or you would have a different outlook on the game.

OSU Fan Furor

I have some good friends living in Columbus and they say the fan furor over Pryor is substantial. Tressel had to publicly state that Pryor is still the number one QB this weekend.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...cyaiUjc8LDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

My friends go on so to say that response is so typical after an unexpected OSU Big Ten loss - if they are not in first place, the team is "going nowhere" and "major changes are needed." Tickets should be easy to come by this weekend (by Ohio Stadium standards) if anyone is having last second thoughts on going. (I can't wait to get there - could be a fun weekend for Gopher fans)

Gophers all-time record vs Ohio State.

7-40

They probably aren't too concerned. I post on CBS, and noticed the same thing. Let's give em something to really bitch about....Well, there's a chance.....

If OSU had been able to squeak out a victory over Purdue, then maybe we could catch OSU napping a bit. The fan base is in disarray, but that doesn't necessarily mean that their team is. I wouldn't mind if it is chaos in the OSU locker room. But if the OSU fans are booing their team on Saturday, it couldn't hurt our chances.

It seems the Gophers hardly even tried to get the ball to Decker utill the 4th quarter. There's a dilemma - do you play it safe and don't let the opponent capitalize on your mistakes, or do you take some chances? I think the game has to be passing to Decker to give us a chance. If it's picked off sufficiently downfield, so long as there isn't a big return, it's as good as a punt. If we dink around getting only a yard or two we will be 3 and out anyway.

agree

with Rodent, let it all hang out and let's see all the trick stuff and more Gray, why not, at least we may get a few plays to cheer about on offense before we lose the ball

posts with "I hope I'm wrong" or similar phrases are huge cop-outs. All it means is you can be happy if we win and continue to bitch and say I told you so if you are right. You don't hope you are wrong or you would have a different outlook on the game.

Ok, I hope I'm right and the Gophers get beat by 28 or more so we can get our new coach in here asap and get on with it. Geez!

I have some good friends living in Columbus and they say the fan furor over Pryor is substantial. Tressel had to publicly state that Pryor is still the number one QB this weekend.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...cyaiUjc8LDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

My friends go on so to say that response is so typical after an unexpected OSU Big Ten loss - if they are not in first place, the team is "going nowhere" and "major changes are needed." Tickets should be easy to come by this weekend (by Ohio Stadium standards) if anyone is having last second thoughts on going. (I can't wait to get there - could be a fun weekend for Gopher fans)

After the USC game, someone wrote a very indepth article about OS game plan that I considered spot on. I believe it was posted here. Tressel is a good coach, but cannot think outside of the box. He basically has reached his ceiling. If he would have been a little more innovative with his offense, he would have beat USC this year.

Ok, I hope I'm right and the Gophers get beat by 28 or more so we can get our new coach in here asap and get on with it. Geez!

Assuming you're sarcastic here, sadly this IS the attitude other have about our program lately.

Huh?

Much like go4rob, I believe OSU will come ready to play after losing last week and will beat us decisively. And, I hope I'm wrong. You may be right: If we win I'll be happy. If we lose, I probably won't bitch any more than I did last week, but I probably will tell my wife "I told you so." (Nevertheless, I don't want Brewster to be fired.)

But hoping I'm wrong doesn't change my outlook on the game. I still think we'll lose. And I still hope my prediction is wrong. I'm sure not hoping I'm right.

I hope Goldy says a prayer for us in the end zone before the game.

This may be Brew's first upset ever. Hope Weber comes out of his season-long funk and decides to skip the early misses and picks and starts hitting passes on the lst drive.

Maybe Dave Lee will announce when a ball is passed and not just say he has a receiver and it's a first down.

That doesn't make any sense at all. When you look at a match up you intellectually break it down and have an idea of how it probably will go based on each team's relative talent and past performance. Whether or not this is in line with your desires is irrelevant.

For instance: I know a meteor won't land on Tressel mid game but I hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom