There's Gonna Be A THREE Pack of Tickets Including NE & WI

but I don't think you can argue for 2015 attendance numbers based on 2014's results and against 2017 when we won more games in 2016. The average fan who is on the fence for tickets couldn't distinguish between the two years.

I think the average fans who showed up in 2015 certainly showed because of the success of 2014 + a promising schedule, without both the attendance doesn't rise. They're not showing up because they just happened to wander near the stadium or anything. Wins against big names and a NY6 game matter.

I'm not down on the win total for 2016.... but no way that was a better year than 2014.

You didn't even mention Kill leaving impacting 2016....

This is no different than when most people buy full season tickets and don't attend first 2 games. Nothing new! Doesn't matter how many 8-9 win seasons we have until u have a reasonably priced ticket the stadium will not be sold out all year!

As I have said before, MN fans are front-runners. And - the Gopher FB program, by virtue of the relative lack of success over the last 50 years, has a very fragile fan base.

Fleck - just based on his personality - may sell a few tickets to the curious. But, long-term fan support is going to be driven by results, media reaction, and the cost of tickets. Win games, generate positive buzz in the media, and people will come out IF they feel the entertainment being provided is worthy of the ticket price.

But, this is still MN and you are dealing with MN fans. I mean it when I say this - the Gophers could go 12-0, and they could still have empty seats IF people think the ticket price is too high compared to the perceived entertainment value of the games.

I understand why Teague made the jump in the donation levels - but he made a fundamental miscalculation, based on not understanding the MN fan base. Norwood Teague (and whoever signed off on that move) cost this program - potentially - a generation of fans. It may take years to repair the damage - unless the team does something really extraordinary on the field.

The bottom line is that Gopher FB does not sell out games unless the opposing fans purchase a certain % of the tickets. That is a fact. Can Fleck change that? remains to be seen.

As I have said before, MN fans are front-runners. And - the Gopher FB program, by virtue of the relative lack of success over the last 50 years, has a very fragile fan base.

Fleck - just based on his personality - may sell a few tickets to the curious. But, long-term fan support is going to be driven by results, media reaction, and the cost of tickets. Win games, generate positive buzz in the media, and people will come out IF they feel the entertainment being provided is worthy of the ticket price.

But, this is still MN and you are dealing with MN fans. I mean it when I say this - the Gophers could go 12-0, and they could still have empty seats IF people think the ticket price is too high compared to the perceived entertainment value of the games.

I understand why Teague made the jump in the donation levels - but he made a fundamental miscalculation, based on not understanding the MN fan base. Norwood Teague (and whoever signed off on that move) cost this program - potentially - a generation of fans. It may take years to repair the damage - unless the team does something really extraordinary on the field.

The bottom line is that Gopher FB does not sell out games unless the opposing fans purchase a certain % of the tickets. That is a fact. Can Fleck change that? remains to be seen.

Stop worrying about selling out TCF - we are expanding to 80K soon. 55K will be easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the average fans who showed up in 2015 certainly showed because of the success of 2014 + a promising schedule, without both the attendance doesn't rise. They're not showing up because they just happened to wander near the stadium or anything. Wins against big names and a NY6 game matter.

I'm not down on the win total for 2016.... but no way that was a better year than 2014.

You didn't even mention Kill leaving impacting 2016....

You're right - this is/was a huge deal. I suspect that we are in more agreement than not, I was just pushing back a little. I am very much 'pro-Fleck' (don't know what the nickname of the day is) but I would have been very worried about/against firing Kill after a 9 win 2016...Claeys - not so much.

You're right - this is/was a huge deal. I suspect that we are in more agreement than not, I was just pushing back a little. I am very much 'pro-Fleck' (<b>don't know what the nickname of the day is</b>) but I would have been very worried about/against firing Kill after a 9 win 2016...Claeys - not so much.

Fleckster. It has always been Fleckster.

I think if we are 7-0 this fall, TCF will be full. The USBank effect will wear out soon, similar to the Krispy Kreme doughnut fad of a few years ago.

"Single-game tickets go on pre-sale for Gopher Score members on July 11 for all seven home games and will be subject to availability.

Looks like a nice benefit to season ticket holders - the chance to load up on NE and WI tickets several weeks before the general public can buy them. Those that don't like paying the donations can resell the extra tickets for a profit and recoup part of the cost of season tickets.

Looks like a nice benefit to season ticket holders - the chance to load up on NE and WI tickets several weeks before the general public can buy them. Those that don't like paying the donations can resell the extra tickets for a profit and recoup part of the cost of season tickets.

You do not need to be a season ticket holder to have a Gopher Score. It would be a nice benefit for STH, however.

Top Bottom