There won't be a 4th Insight Bowl trip

I'd go just for the all you can eat wings in the fan plaza! Much better than the free Tostitos.

Say what you want about the insight.com bowl game, but Tempe is a blast to go to - especially over New Years. We went the year they played Kansas and it was a blast.

Say what you want about the insight.com bowl game, but Tempe is a blast to go to - especially over New Years. We went the year they played Kansas and it was a blast.

I was in the marching band all 3 times we went and I enjoyed all three trips, sans the games themselves. New Years is a lot of fun.

Agree; we were there for the TT game. Sundevil Stadium is cool; reminds me of UTEP the way it's built into the mountain. No matter the prestige, bowl games are what you make of them. Nashville ROCKED, literally. Of the new ones, I'm excited for a chance to play in the Gator Bowl; I've heard Jacksonville is fun.

It's not your father's Insight/Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl anymore. There was a time when it was the consolation prize, the bowl a step above not going at all. Now, a trip means you've finished at least top 6 in the conference that year, and more likely 4th or 5th. Anyone who would scoff at a BWW Bowl berth is off their rocker.

It's not your father's Insight/Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl anymore. There was a time when it was the consolation prize, the bowl a step above not going at all. Now, a trip means you've finished at least top 6 in the conference that year, and more likely 4th or 5th. Anyone who would scoff at a BWW Bowl berth is off their rocker.

By my standards, your team has not been successful. They haven't won a national championship. They have never ended a season as the best team in the country. Therefore, you have not seen them succeed. You have watched them suck less than Minnesota has, but that's not exactly an accomplishment.

Big Ten Championship for the Badgers = not exactly an accomplishment

Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl/Top half of the conference for....I'm guessing the Gophers = nothing to scoff at

Priceless

Big Ten Championship for the Badgers = not exactly an accomplishment

Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl/Top half of the conference for....I'm guessing the Gophers = nothing to scoff at

Priceless

Please show me where I said that I would consider a trip to the BWW Bowl to be a successful season for the Gophers. Thanks in advance!

Please show me where I said that I would consider a trip to the BWW Bowl to be a successful season for the Gophers. Thanks in advance!

I never said you did. But I know, and you know, that you do think that. ;)

BMMX is really quite unbelievable .....must have nothing better to do. Pathetic.

GM

I never said you did. But I know, and you know, that you do think that. ;)

I would love a trip down the Tempe for the BWW Bowl this year, as I would guess most Gopher fans would. A top 5 B1G finish this year? That would certainly show our program is on the rise. What dpodoll is telling you, is that your program has never reached the pinnacle of college football, something our program has done six times. Would you care to disagree with that statement?

Top Bottom