There will be three Big Ten teams in the Final Four

I think in some random poll i complained I couldn’t select 0 B1G teams into the final 4. Illinois has always seemed most likely to me, Michigan 2nd most likely pre-Livers cracking his foot on the old oaken bucket. Iowa 3rd cause Garza is a fucking air craft carrier when he gets going. Just destroys everything.

I think OSU will make the Sweet 16, they got a decent draw. They just don't wow me the way Illinois does game after game. Iowa could, but it's Fran, they'll slip up somewhere.
I guess not.

The Big ten has a bunch of good teams, no great teams

You don’t have to be great to make the final four. You have to be great for me to expect you to go to the final four

Well, after the pathetic league showing so far, I was wondering if it might somehow result in me rooting for Wisconsin because of league pride. Happy to say, no frick'n way. Enjoying Baylor beating on them so far. My dislike of Badgers in general, and Brad Davidson specifically trumps all.

Well, after the pathetic league showing so far, I was wondering if it might somehow result in me rooting for Wisconsin because of league pride. Happy to say, no frick'n way. Enjoying Baylor beating on them so far. My dislike of Badgers in general, and Brad Davidson specifically trumps all.
And I repeat...no frick'n way

I don't think it's impossible yet, is it?
Still 5 teams left, (down to 4 if Wiscy loses here).

Confuses me how the Big Ten can't deliver in a year when the ACC was utter trash top to bottom.

Now suddenly these pesky minor schools are winning.

Howie. Let us know if you are going to start posting recipes and/or food photos. KTHNK. ;)

Confuses me how the Big Ten can't deliver in a year when the ACC was utter trash top to bottom.

Didn't we go 6-5 against the ACC in the challenge this season? If the ACC is utter trash, then we aren't much better.

0 in Sweet Sixteen?

Yup - I had LSU in my bracket to beat MI and Syracuse which was negated by Illini winning it all and Cleveland State getting to the Elite 8 (I got caught up in the Gates mania)

This thread needs to be pined IMHO.

I don't think it's impossible yet, is it?
Still 5 teams left, (down to 4 if Wiscy loses here).

Now suddenly these pesky minor schools are winning.
The reason is because not much separates team 15 from team 50 in college basketball. Which is why they should use RPI instead of Net rankings. Teams should be rewarded for what they’ve done, not what they’re projected to do.

This year the same might hold true for number 3 and number 50.

Prediction - MI and MD lose today, IA becomes the only sweet 16 B1G team - but to do it, they will have to beat a Pac-12 team (7-0 in the tourney thus far, counting the VCU game as a win)

Prediction - MI and MD lose today, IA becomes the only sweet 16 B1G team - but to do it, they will have to beat a Pac-12 team (7-0 in the tourney thus far, counting the VCU game as a win)
I think Iowa could still win the whole thing.

being able to shoot helps you in the tourney. They can shoot.

in losses by big ten teams who were higher seed:

Ohio state - 28% from 3
Purdue - 36% from the field

honestly it feels like the big ten has been choking big time. But they’ve lost two games they shouldn’t have lost. Not too crazy

I'm betting Michigan, Maryland and Iowa win today.

Strictly because they are the least "B1G like" teams in the B1G.

If they do lose, it will be because their guards have bad days as that is not their strong point.

The reason is because not much separates team 15 from team 50 in college basketball. Which is why they should use RPI instead of Net rankings. Teams should be rewarded for what they’ve done, not what they’re projected to do.

This year the same might hold true for number 3 and number 50.

At least they could use a combination of RPI and one of the other measures. Since NET, BPI, Sagarin, and Pomeroy are correlated with each other, it doesn't matter much which one you use. RPI is the only one that measures something different. To have a high RPI, you need a good record and a good schedule and that's it. On the others, you can have a high rating with a relatively poor record because of close losses and lopsided wins.

In the latest rankings I saw, Minnesota was #140 on RPI and #77 on NET. Towards the end of the season, the Gophers looked a lot more like a #140 than a #77 to me.

At least they could use a combination of RPI and one of the other measures. Since NET, BPI, Sagarin, and Pomeroy are correlated with each other, it doesn't matter much which one you use. RPI is the only one that measures something different. To have a high RPI, you need a good record and a good schedule and that's it. On the others, you can have a high rating with a relatively poor record because of close losses and lopsided wins.

In the latest rankings I saw, Minnesota was #140 on RPI and #77 on NET. Towards the end of the season, the Gophers looked a lot more like a #140 than a #77 to me.
Allegedly they do use all of these.

Three left. If this prediction is going to come true it'll be the Hail Mary of all Hail Marys!

Top Bottom