Therapy

WHB Brewer

Reaction score
I bleed maroon and gold, but after watching 3 straight debacles, I felt that I needed to take a week off for my own sanity. A pal and I went up to Collegeville to attend the Tommie vs. Johnnie game. My pal is a former Johnie player, I'm a graduate of UST. The built in friendly rivalry added to the enjoyment of spending an afternoon with 16,521 fans. Before may of you knock the DIII level, what I witnessed was a well played game by 2 teams that are well coached and know how to execute a game plan. Not once did I see a delay of game penalty, or players standing with their arms out in bewilderment about what to do. The end of the game included seeing a team drive the ball 60yds in under 2 minutes in the 4th quarter. Granted the drive ended in turnover, but it was impressive to see a tie game, a team in charge of it's own destiny, work its way down the field with the game on the line without the obvious disarray present on the present UMN team.

After reading about the Gophers blowing yet another game, and the awful end of game sequence, I'm glad I skipped this game. For the first time in 3 weeks, I don't have built up rage on Sunday morning. I don't care about whether the coach gets canned this week. I can go about my business, knowing that things will take care of themselves at the end of the year. Perhaps I can now enjoy the remainder of the Big10 season, no matter how few wins......

Bring on Wisconsin.

Good post. I am glad we are on the road next week. I will check out our game but look forward to being able to enjoy a larger array of the other games that are played every Saturday. If we were at home next week again I don't know if I would go.

Don't let the state of our program ruin all of the great college football action that is out there to be enjoyed.

Any day in Minneapolis is better than a good day in Collegeville any year, under any coach, in any weather, even under a roof!

Glad you had fun. Now get back to The Bank, we've got 3 weeks until Penn State.

Top Bottom