The worst call ever?

That’s brutal, but as someone from the state of Georgia who has spent years going to high school football games, this isn’t surprising. The officiating at the high school level is terrible.

Wow. That's one where the state HS governing body should step in if it was the last play of the game. They won't because there was time on the clock and only 3rd down. They might have scored on 4th down anyway. I'm guessing the ref might be getting a little feedback about that call.

Wow. That's so bad you have to wonder if an official wasn't on the take. As a youth coach, I've dealt with some bad officiating (and our officials are high school officials as well) but literally nothing as awful as this. This literally feels suspicious it's so bad.

Worst of all, that defense that made a great play, only to lose on a horseshit call.

What's crazy to me is that the players on defense aren't freaking out. I mean....there's nothing remotely close about that.

I cant even imagine how it must feel to be a player on the field working all season to end like that. The state has got to give them a title as well... I mean its not even controversial

Some states have replay review for State Championship games. Georgia must not be one of them.

By just looking at the body language of the offensive players right after the play you can tell they didn't make it.

I dig the formation they used, with three backs up front and the QB in the shotgun, very creative.

Last edited:

It’s east to rip on Georgia but we had a missed call on the last play of a state title game here allow one team to win

The only explanation is that the side judge thought #8 had the ball- from his angle it does seem #8 is attempting to get in and does break the plane.
The head official needed to discuss w/ all the refs and overrule the call

The only explanation is that the side judge thought #8 had the ball- from his angle it does seem #8 is attempting to get in and does break the plane.
The head official needed to discuss w/ all the refs and overrule the call
That’s my thought too. But I feel like if he does his job correctly he should have been able to see that it wasn’t him with the ball. In that situation it would be appropriate to change the call.

Looks like the referee thought one of the blockers that ended up crossing over the goal line was the ball carrier. That’s what I did the first time I watched the video.

Looks like the referee thought one of the blockers that ended up crossing over the goal line was the ball carrier. That’s what I did the first time I watched the video.
So strange he wouldn’t notice and then chat about it with the other officials…

That’s brutal, but as someone from the state of Georgia who has spent years going to high school football games, this isn’t surprising. The officiating at the high school college pro level is terrible.

I don’t have any solutions when slo mo replay and umpteen camera angles aren’t enough to determine what targeting is. Just yelling.

Even so he should have been able to confirm that when he ran up to the pile.

What's crazy to me is that the players on defense aren't freaking out. I mean....there's nothing remotely close about that.

On the short video they showed, it was cut off before most on defense realized it was ruled a TD. The defensive players were probably just getting ready for the fourth down play that they figured was about to happen.

I can see the one ref being confused and giving the TD sign, but how do they not realize the mistake and change the call when it can clearly be seen after the play that the ball carrier was stopped short?

Seems like this should have been an easy quick conference for the officials to then say they made a mistake signaling TD and it is 4th down. No replay needed when the ball is clearly well short of the goal line.

Did a little looking for a longer clip but can't seem to find one. Would be interesting to see how the full situation played out.....very strange.

There are 5-7 officials on the field for this game. There is no way this should happen. That Umpire has to know that there was no way the ball got to the line. He has to over-rule the play. Never leave your teammates hanging like that. Absolutely terrible.
I don’t understand why he runs up there and doesn’t notice… oh that guy had the ball…

Looks like they hired their election commissioners to referee!

If I was on the winning team, I’d honestly feel bad winning that game. I’d always know it was a fraud.

If I was on the winning team, I’d honestly feel bad winning that game. I’d always know it was a fraud.
Think it was just 3rd down so technically they would have had one more snap from the 1 to try and get in. But yeah, would suck knowing you won because the refs badly blew the call.

Top Bottom