The wild, wild Big Ten West

Urbandale

Reaction score
It's been mentioned before in other threads, but the Big Ten West has the potential to be fun and unpredictable. Almost every team has cause for optimism, but not every team will be correct. #Math

Iowa: An experienced and talented quarterback, an all-American defensive lineman, a gifted if under-achieving-so-far offensive line, and a coaching staff and program that have been a model of consistency.

Nebraska: A potential star quarterback, several strong recruiting classes, a relatively successful finish to last season, and lots of enthusiasm.

Minnesota: Three blowout wins to end the year, a young but experienced roster, surprisingly effective quarterback play, and a hyped offensive line.

Purdue: A stout class of recruits, one of the most explosive wide receivers in the nation, renewed fan interest, and a coach who has made a name for himself and the program.

Wisconsin: A reputation as the class of the division, a potential star freshman quarterback, the nation's top running back, and a history of success.

Northwestern: The defending division champs, a heralded transfer quarterback, a coach who limits mistakes, and fundamental play that other teams envy.

Illinois: I'm not sure what to hang my hat on here. Maybe running Robb Smith out of town?

I have no idea what's going to happen. Lots of fan bases will be disappointed by the middle of November.

Last edited:

That's why I'm loving the way our schedule plays out.

We don't play NW, Iowa, Wisconsin until after the bye. Our first 8 games look winnable, unless you see Nebraska as a stumbling block — which is certainly a viable opinion. It's good that we get the Huskers at TCF.

Get some momentum rolling going into the Penn State tilt.

That's why I'm loving the way our schedule plays out.

We don't play NW, Iowa, Wisconsin until after the bye. Our first 8 games look winnable, unless you see Nebraska as a stumbling block — which is certainly a viable opinion. It's good that we get the Huskers at TCF.

Get some momentum rolling going into the Penn State tilt.

I don’t have any delusions of an 8-0 start.
It would be elite to be 6-2 going into the Penn a state game.

Having the B1G West on the rise makes the season that much more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have any delusions of an 8-0 start.
It would be elite to be 6-2 going into the Penn a state game.

'Illusions', eh?

Do you have any 'illusions' about winning any of the last four games?

Having the B1G West on the rise makes the season that much more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Think there should be good competition top to bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'Illusions', eh?

Do you have any 'illusions' about winning any of the last four games?

Could win any of them.
Could lose any of them.
Hopefully they win all 4.

This is the first season in a long while where going into it there isn’t a single game where I feel the gophers have zero chance of winning

Could win any of them.
Could lose any of them.
Hopefully they win all 4.

This is the first season in a long while where going into it there isn’t a single game where I feel the gophers have zero chance of winning

This has the look of being one of those seasons where two or three plays spell the difference between joy and disappointment.

JTG

Top Bottom