The Time PJ Fleck Torched #14 Maryland (2003)

Watching this, I had to chuckle. I had never seen much footage of Fleck as a player before, but this is exactly what I would have expected. All-out effort and enthusiasm. The TD catch is Example A.

Thanks Murr. That's awesome. I was almost expecting to hear "The pass broken up by PJ Fleck" on that last play.

Last edited:

Watching this, I had to chuckle. I had never seen much footage of Fleck as a player before, but this is exactly what I would have expected. All-out effort and enthusiasm. The TD catch is Example A.

How would you like to have that guy on the field for our team?

Thanks Murr. That's awesome. I was almost expecting to hear "The pass broken by PJ Fleck" on that last play.

It's funny you saying that; I was thinking the exact same thing when I watched it.

At the end when he interviewed him when he said “Go Huskies!” I fully expected “ski-u-mah” to be put in there too lol. Man he had a lot of catches!

Exactly what I expected. Awesome! I did note he had hair.

He certainly was the embodiment of HYPRR culture in his playing days full of high-fuel explosives in a small stature. He practiced what he preaches today.

I think 2003 is considered the peak year for the MAC. Northern Illinois beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa later this season and finished 10-2, granted it was bad Mike Shula Alabama. Ben Roethlisberger's Miami OH was ranked top 10 at the end of the season, and Bowling Green also finished ranked. Bowling Green beat PJ Fleck's Northern Illinois team, and Bowling Green's social media posted some highlights of it before the Gophers' game against them in 2021.

Top Bottom