The things you find on X/Twitter

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Talking about his visit to MN

Recruiting is wild. Lots of pressure put on these kids.

Fleck has been pretty open that he recruits lots of guys on a first come first serve basis.

Nobody is obligated to hold the door open for these kids .... part of that is just LIFE. No job is holding the door open for me for long either.

If some rando has not committed, and another one will, it's PJ's job to take the guy who will commit. That's just how it plays out. I'm sure it is a tough spot for some guys to be in, but that's how it works.

Next newsflash is that PJ is trying to recruit better players than he already has!

Last edited:

A little context that the Iowa guys won’t provide. This would have been a few weeks after Fleck was hired. I’m sure it was scramble mode as they were behind the 8 ball with recruiting.

I am not one of those posters who can find no fault with PJ, but I think this segment says more about ISM and these other guys than it does Fleck.

His mind is really blown that MN acted like he was committed after he committed to Minnesota?
Of course they're going to want to take a picture of you after you commit. Of course they're going to call you after you decommit.

I am not one of those posters who can find no fault with PJ, but I think this segment says more about ISM and these other guys than it does Fleck.

His mind is really blown that MN acted like he was committed after he committed to Minnesota?
Of course they're going to want to take a picture of you after you commit. Of course they're going to call you after you decommit.
Agree. It really goes at the maturity of the kid. Did he have other offers? Did he really think it was his only opportunity? If a kid told Fleck he's not ready to commit and gives reasons, I'm sure Fleck would have to see how badly he wants the kid. Fleck might say I can't guarantee anything, but I'd love to have to come back he might really say he loves the kid and to think about it for a couple days.

It's all part of figuring out how serious the relationship is. Committing and using it as a placeholder says more about the kid.

PJ has made the hard sell work for him.. He's lost some guys who thought different of their pressured commitment, but not too many.

A little context that the Iowa guys won’t provide. This would have been a few weeks after Fleck was hired. I’m sure it was scramble mode as they were behind the 8 ball with recruiting.
Seems like PJ was pretty successful with this method in 2017. Notable recruits from that class:

Mo Ibrahim (all time leading rusher in school history)
John Michael Schmitz (second round draft pick and instant starter in NFL)
Esezi Otomewo (5th round pick just like ISM)
Tanner Morgan (all time winningest QB)
Boye Mafe (2nd round draft pick)
Blaise Andries (#1MN recruit)

Top Bottom