The stupidity of some on here is laughable

That's one nice thing about the bowl system. Gives more teams a chance to end their season with a win.

I had to turn off the game after we didn't score when we got the ball in the 2nd half. With our players going down like flies, this didn't feel right. All of last night i couldn't sleep. I was so emotionally invested in this game. I normally watch all the post game conferences, win or lose. couldnt do it this time, until i saw the "powerful statement" clip this morning.

I told myself, win or lose, this was a great season, I knew we were ahead of schedule. As much as yesterday hurt, it was still a great season. Here's why in my opinon:

I am not used to seeing the gophers win all the games they are suppose to win (regardless of the score). That has rarely happened in my lifetime.
We went 1-2 in games we were suppose to lose (if I remember the lines correctly) that is impressive.
Only one of those 3 games we really lost, Iowa we had a shot.

I have a side gig at a local retailer, i've never seen so many people walk around with gopher gear as much as i have the last 4 weeks.

something is happening that I've never seen. people are starting to believe again.

if we follow the trajectory that PJ took at WMU, we are ahead of schedule.

We need more line depth, the staff knows this. We have a great RB (on film) coming in for 2020 in addition to a great WR.

I never thought Id say this, we will be better next year than this with the talent pool we have built up. all of our 3 star recruits we've gotten are high 3 stars. We havent had that since i dont know how long.

This staff not only coaches up players to their potential but they are coaching up players with good metrics.

I dont know that next year we'll go undefeated, but i would bet $100 that in 2 years we will be in the big ten championship.

side-note, anyone know what happened to big dan? i thought i heard he got stepped on, was it a teammate or someone from WI?

I think he got rolled up on, which normally is not good for chances to play soon.

So maybe Fleck’s team wasn’t as prepared as wisconsin and got out coached, so what.

You were expecting 11-1? 12-0? National Champions? That’s what you were expecting this season? Because Minnesota has done anywhere near that in the last 60 years?

Well they won 10 games, which has NEVER been done in the modern era of college football at this school. How many times have they won 9 regular season games???? Once? Once! In how many seasons?

Some of you need to get some perspective and wake the F up. This is Minnesota!!! Who the F do you think you are?!

Ya, the loss hurts. Yes, they beat them last year. Yes, hopefully someday they can win the West.

But in 3 seasons (after a really late hire in season 1). P.J. Fleck has done more than 10 coaches combined in the last half century plus!

10-2. 7-2. When’s the last time Minnesota has won 7 Big Ten games? I’ll wait here.

Show some God Damn appreciation and rally behind your state’s only Division 1 Football program! Send all the positive vibes and belief for the really great Bowl Game they’re going to play in!

Enjoy the greatest season you’ve ever fricken seen in your life!!!!!

Row the Boat! Ski U Mah! Onward and Upward!

Go Gophers!
Agreed. Great season. Moving on, 0-0 in the bowl game

After we punted we called passes on 10 of the following 15 plays.

Can you define "Not going into a shell" for future reference.

Sure.
For future reference going into a shell includes running on third and ten when you’ve moved the ball to midfield to start the second half of a 7-10 game. It also includes running on third and ten from the opponents 22 yard line.

Sure.
For future reference going into a shell includes running on third and ten when you’ve moved the ball to midfield to start the second half of a 7-10 game. It also includes running on third and ten from the opponents 22 yard line.
They were absolutely trashing our pass protection. Nobody in their right mind wanted them to call a drop back pass on 3rd and 10. Morgan would have been murdered.

What's interesting is how many fans feel we lost it at 4th and 2. First quarter.
Second drive of the game?
Wisconsin didn't have a first down yet.

That's such a loser's mentality we're addicted to.
I don’t think that play necessarily cost the game. However, going up by 10 or 14 puts a different feel to the game.

Top Bottom