The stupidity of some on here is laughable

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
So maybe Fleck’s team wasn’t as prepared as wisconsin and got out coached, so what.

You were expecting 11-1? 12-0? National Champions? That’s what you were expecting this season? Because Minnesota has done anywhere near that in the last 60 years?

Well they won 10 games, which has NEVER been done in the modern era of college football at this school. How many times have they won 9 regular season games???? Once? Once! In how many seasons?

Some of you need to get some perspective and wake the F up. This is Minnesota!!! Who the F do you think you are?!

Ya, the loss hurts. Yes, they beat them last year. Yes, hopefully someday they can win the West.

But in 3 seasons (after a really late hire in season 1). P.J. Fleck has done more than 10 coaches combined in the last half century plus!

10-2. 7-2. When’s the last time Minnesota has won 7 Big Ten games? I’ll wait here.

Show some God Damn appreciation and rally behind your state’s only Division 1 Football program! Send all the positive vibes and belief for the really great Bowl Game they’re going to play in!

Enjoy the greatest season you’ve ever fricken seen in your life!!!!!

Row the Boat! Ski U Mah! Onward and Upward!

Go Gophers!

Bad Day.
Great Season.

Some people are overly upset about the game thinking we should have won.
Others considered this house money already.

A perfectly called and planned game maybe could have beat WI today, but in the end it doesn't matter.
We're 10-2 and could get a tough bowl matchup for what could be an important win.

Two weeks to recruit for signing day.

Bad Day.
Great Season.

Some people are overly upset about the game thinking we should have won.
Others considered this house money already.

A perfectly called and planned game maybe could have beat WI today, but in the end it doesn't matter.
We're 10-2 and could get a tough bowl matchup for what could be an important win.

Two weeks to recruit for signing day.
Dont think we should have won. On our home field, against lower ranked opponent, I think we should have at least been able to make a game of it.

As close as ever to a Rose Bowl and I watch ya run the ball on third and 10 after moving the ball to midfield to start the half?

Heck yeah I’m pissed. Who do we think we are? We’re a home dog playing the biggest game ever and we shrivel up and play not to lose.

Next year is critical we gotta win these damn trophy games more. Not be the next Jim harbaugh

Dont think we should have won. On our home field, against lower ranked opponent, I think we should have at least been able to make a game of it.
Yeah, so the team was going in for a score to cut it to one TD to begin the 4th quarter, one in which the wind would be at their backs. They were down by all of 3 at halftime. i’m as sad as the next guy, but you all need to have some realism here.

It’s more of who we lose too and how we lose than the damn record also

Big Dan going down was pivotal. Knew he was important but probably underestimated the real situation.
As soon as he went down my hopes of winning the game did a Gary Anderson. I went from confident to worried just like that.

Last edited:

Yes tough day, yes some mistakes were made. I'm not going to let it consume me, but rather look at the positive things that happened this year. We are much better off than what we predicted at the beginning of the year. Did we forget all that?

One more game coming up. Great opportunity for the team.

Big Dan going down was pivotal. Knew he was important but probably underestimated the real situation.

This is where our lack of depth showed. We only have 6 we are willing to play right now. We've been fortunate enough to stay pretty healthy on the line all year.

Also, LB we are thin. Martin played at 50-80% after his injury and it appeared to show.
Seems we only go 4 LB's deep right now.

I would've rather gone 2-10 and spanked Iowa and Wisconsin. If they're being honest, many others on here would as well. Rose Bowls and such are few and far between, but college football is ultimately about beating your biggest rivals.

We're on the right track, and I really like PJ, but the success of this season now feels very hollow.

I would've rather gone 2-10 and spanked Iowa and Wisconsin. If they're being honest, many others on here would as well. Rose Bowls and such are few and far between, but college football is ultimately about beating your biggest rivals.

We're on the right track, and I really like PJ, but the success of this season now feels very hollow.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree with this. The joy of the PSU win, hosting Gameday, watching the CFP rankings and being in the top 10, reading tons of national press, going to a Jan 1 bowl against a big name SEC team...Those things don't come with 2-10. Of course I want to beat Iowa and Wisconsin, but not at the expense of all the other memories.

You are making the mistake of believing all the hype that the so called "experts" spew in their so called "ratings". Experience has taught me that maybe our Gophers were overated when we won games and teams like Iowa and Wisconsin were underated when they lost games. Certainly, IMHO, the better team won today in the trenches. We lost two of the three big games we played. Not quite ready for the highest level, yet. Go Gophers!!!

So maybe Fleck’s team wasn’t as prepared as wisconsin and got out coached, so what.

You were expecting 11-1? 12-0? National Champions? That’s what you were expecting this season? Because Minnesota has done anywhere near that in the last 60 years?

Well they won 10 games, which has NEVER been done in the modern era of college football at this school. How many times have they won 9 regular season games???? Once? Once! In how many seasons?

Some of you need to get some perspective and wake the F up. This is Minnesota!!! Who the F do you think you are?!

Ya, the loss hurts. Yes, they beat them last year. Yes, hopefully someday they can win the West.

But in 3 seasons (after a really late hire in season 1). P.J. Fleck has done more than 10 coaches combined in the last half century plus!

10-2. 7-2. When’s the last time Minnesota has won 7 Big Ten games? I’ll wait here.

Show some God Damn appreciation and rally behind your state’s only Division 1 Football program! Send all the positive vibes and belief for the really great Bowl Game they’re going to play in!

Enjoy the greatest season you’ve ever fricken seen in your life!!!!!

Row the Boat! Ski U Mah! Onward and Upward!

Go Gophers!
Amen! Couldn’t agree more...this was a special season and the future is bright! Let’s be thankful for PJ and the direction of our program. RTB!

and we have every right to accept the BIG West Co-Championship!

As soon as he went down my hopes of winning the game did a Gary Anderson. I went from confident to worried just like that.
Same here. I said to my wife right then: our O line depth isn't good.

For decades, people grumbled because the team couldn't win the way Bernie did. I'm sure that many of these people's parents were among those who wanted Bernie thrown out after 1950. Then THEIR kids threw garbage on Warmath's lawn in Edina, then THEIR kids wanted to run out Stoll and Mason. That lineage will always exist among us. They will either be very silent when the team is winning, or extremely loud in hard times.

So your speaking for me about my own honest opinion ! Brilliant. I would much rather go 10-2 then 2-10 no matter who we beat or lose too.

What's interesting is how many fans feel we lost it at 4th and 2. First quarter.
Second drive of the game?
Wisconsin didn't have a first down yet.

That's such a loser's mentality we're addicted to.
Yup, and the game immediately changed when we started going into a shell. No earthly reason to punt for the WI 35 in the biggest game of the past 60 years. We showed fear, and both teams picked up on it. WI went for it on fourth twice later in that same half. Whose players do you think were playing with confidence?

Yup, and the game immediately changed when we started going into a shell. No earthly reason to punt for the WI 35 in the biggest game of the past 60 years. We showed fear, and both teams picked up on it. WI went for it on fourth twice later in that same half. Whose players do you think were playing with confidence?

So the Badgers weren't confident when they stopped our two run plays leading up to the 4th and 2?
Also, if we were confident prior to the 4th and 2, why did we not confidently convert in three downs?

Top Bottom