The sky IS NOT falling...

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
If Northwestern can win the West two of the past four seasons, the Gophs certainly can. If Illinois or Purdue win it this season, the Gophs certainly can win the West. Enough talent exists for them to do so. The coaching staff needs to make adjustments to its gameplan to give players in the best opportunities to succeed, both in preperation and during the game.

When you are not able to control the game, you need to be able to adjust and counter punch. Fleck and Co have not demonstrated the ability to do so over much of his 5+ years. Need to change their best here. The King of the Too's needs to find that crack on his shoulder. Still no reason Gophs can't win eight regular season games this year and get to a nice bowl game. Upset PSU Saturday and the season will have something special, a good shot at nine wins, and a better bowl.

Last edited:

We just have too many players out there that aren’t good enough to be plus B1G players. All our current WRs playing, 77, 76, 2, all our DEs so far, 55. That’s like 8 out of 22 starters. Talent/performance issues plus sub par coaching and it likely will be a long year; with the caveat that we can still prob take down Iowa and Wisconsin and we always will have a chip and a chair with 24 on the field.

I have no idea why after Morgan goes down we get the first down barely with a QB whose heart is prob beating 200 times per minute and we call three straight pass plays. Ride Mo there and give 8 a chance to catch his breath. A perfect example of our continuing poor in game coaching. BB and staff just ran circles around PJ and staff in their preparation and during the game.

Win the trophy games. Enjoy "Mediocreville" as it's better than "BottomDwellerville. "
No reason Gophs can't win the West, just not this year. See my first two sentences.

If Northwestern can win the West two of the past four seasons, the Gophs certainly can. If Illinois or Purdue win it this season, the Gophs certainly can win the West. Enough talent exits for them to do so. The coaching staff needs to make adjustments to its gameplan to give players in the best opportunities to succeed, both in preperation and during the game.

When you are not able to control the game, you need to be able to adjust and counter punch. Fleck and Co have not demonstrated the ability to do so over much of his 5+ years. Need to change their best here. The King of the Too's needs to find that crack on his shoulder. Still no reason Gophs can't win eight regular season games this year and get to a nice bowl game. Upset PSU Saturday and the season will have something special, a good shot at nine wins, and a better bowl.
If we beat PSU there is no reason we can't run the table for 10-2.

We just have too many players out there that aren’t good enough to be plus B1G players. All our current WRs playing, 77, 76, 2, all our DEs so far, 55. That’s like 8 out of 22 starters. Talent/performance issues plus sub par coaching and it likely will be a long year; with the caveat that we can still prob take down Iowa and Wisconsin and we always will have a chip and a chair with 24 on the field.

I have no idea why after Morgan goes down we get the first down barely with a QB whose heart is prob beating 200 times per minute and we call three straight pass plays. Ride Mo there and give 8 a chance to catch his breath. A perfect example of our continuing poor in game coaching. BB and staff just ran circles around PJ and staff in their preparation and during the game.
Enough talent is there to win the West. I agree the in-game coaching needs to step up. Penn State looks pretty daunting today, but their best win to date is, ironically, probably Purdue.

Enough talent is there to win the West. I agree the in-game coaching needs to step up. Penn State looks pretty daunting today, but their best win to date is, ironically, probably Purdue.
Really? Where is all the talent? A great RB and a really good center…what else?

That's a big IF. Our defense has been outed. No pass rush means our dbs have been left out there on their own. If Clifford is out I do think we have a chance but changes have to be made in order for that to happen. So far we haven't seen much of that.

Let us not give up on our Gophers,

It is not that the Gophers are bad this year. The Gophers looked good in the first few games, albeit against lesser competition.

Gopher injuries and the competition have improved over last season are factors. Sure, some holes need improvements.

The Gophers must keep competing and improving. There are valuable lessons in defeats learned. The players who will be back next season will benefit greatly.

The 2018 Gophers never gave up. We witnessed what happened in 2019!

It is Zig and zag, Ying and Yang.

This is PJ’s most connected team. This was the year.

You are projecting things as if we will never have another season to compete. It's a fatalistic mindset you are showing.
It's not an abundance mindset.

Not having an abundance mindset affects your potential in life.
If you want to be fatalistic and carry a scarcity mindset, fine, but don't spend hours trying to sabotage people who see the possibilities.

If Northwestern can win the West two of the past four seasons, the Gophs certainly can. If Illinois or Purdue win it this season, the Gophs certainly can win the West. Enough talent exits for them to do so. The coaching staff needs to make adjustments to its gameplan to give players in the best opportunities to succeed, both in preperation and during the game.

There is zero evidence to support the first sentence. That’s the problem - PJ (and those before him) has a lot of advantages over NW but can’t put together the success to match them

I am questioning whether or not we have the talent at receiver.

There is zero evidence to support the first sentence. That’s the problem - PJ (and those before him) has a lot of advantages over NW but can’t put together the success to match them
There wasn't evidence or any expectations that NW could win, or Purdue, or Illinois. Illinois was picked by most to finish sixth this year, ahead of NW. NW started 1-4 in 2018 and proceeded to win the West. That's the point. If they can, Gophs certainly can, without question.

I am questioning whether or not we have the talent at receiver.
It's good enough for an effective passing game. Coaching staff needs to adjust their game plans to give them the opportunities.

What I heard was
My fault blah blah blah
They are a good team blah blah blah
We didnt get into a rhythm blah blah
My fault blah blah blah

Michigan has two running backs better than Mo.
Mo is good, but if he sticks in the NFL it will be in special teams.

You’re right—the sky hasn’t fallen yet. If we lose on Saturday it will be much closer to have fallen. Any subsequent loss after that it will come closer and closer to have fallen right on top of our heads!

You are projecting things as if we will never have another season to compete. It's a fatalistic mindset you are showing.
It's not an abundance mindset.

Not having an abundance mindset affects your potential in life.
If you want to be fatalistic and carry a scarcity mindset, fine, but don't spend hours trying to sabotage people who see the possibilities.
Not trying to sabotage anything. I will work on my mindset.

Pass catching tight end and a solid db …even if you find a couple more we are short 15,16 guys. Other guys might play well once every 5 games or something.
Mediocre recruiting or poor development or both? Or in combination with poor game day planning and adjustments on game day?
All of the above? Gotta fix something…this was after coming off a bye and you get 38 yards passing in an entire game.

Illinois has already beaten Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota. That’s a good head start.
Illinois goes to Michigan, so that should be 2 losses.

They will be favored in all their other games. They sweep the west and it's there's for the taking.

If we beat PSU there is no reason we can't run the table for 10-2.
One would think that we could, just like we all thought we’d beat Purdue and ILL. Even if we beat PSU, not guaranteed that we’d run the table. We should, but we won’t.

NW and Rutgers could beat us based on the last two games’ performances.

Top Bottom