The Road to Selection Sunday: Day 2 of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The B1G leads 4-2 after Day 1 of the Challenge, but will it be able to hang on? Here's a quick recap of last night as well as a capsule look at the Wednesday night festivities. Let's hope the games are more interesting than last night. Only one of Tuesday's tilts had a single-digit margin, and that was 9 (Illinois over Maryland).

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1584

Good write up. First, I will be cheering for the Gophers to pull out a win, second, I will be cheering for UNC to blowout Wisconsin.

Do you know if there is any commitment in place between the B1G and ACC for the challenge? Or can they drop it whenever?

Good write up. First, I will be cheering for the Gophers to pull out a win, second, I will be cheering for UNC to blowout Wisconsin.

Do you know if there is any commitment in place between the B1G and ACC for the challenge? Or can they drop it whenever?

I'm not certain, but I think the thing is just a 1-year contract. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If ESPN deems that necessary, it will be again next year. They know how to promote various situations to gain maximum exposure. It is all up to ESPN, because money talks.

If ESPN deems that necessary, it will be again next year. They know how to promote various situations to gain maximum exposure. It is all up to ESPN, because money talks.

True Dr. Don, the mother ship (ESPN) has tons of money, but so, too, does Fox. And unless I'm mistaken the Big Ten (via the BTN) and Pac 12 both are under the umbrella of Fox. I'm at the point where I'd like to see the B1G compete vs. another conference, whether it be the Big East, Big 12, Pac 12 or SEC. Pac 12 seems to make the most sense. Doesn't matter to me which network they're on, as long as I have access to that network.

Top Bottom