The Road to Selection Sunday: Big Ten/ACC Challenge Should Get B1G Off to Good Start

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The B1G/ACC Challenge is marketed by the "mother ship" (ESPN) as a battle for bragging rights between two power leagues, but in truth its most important aspect is the opportunity for individual teams to build and/or add to their NCAA Tournament resumes. After losing the first 10 challenges, the B1G has won the last two, but the thing I'm most interested in seeing is which of the "non shoo-in" NCAA teams will step forward. ... most notably the likes of Illinois, Indiana, Nebraska and Northwestern of the B1G, and the likes of Miami, NC State, Virginia and Virginia Tech from the ACC.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1581

Good preview. I think Ohio State beats Duke though. Any update on Harrison Barnes' avail for Wednesday?

Thanks Stan. Hope I'm wrong on the Dukie win.

I'd really like to see Ohio State, Wisconsin and to a lesser extent Michigan State all win to prove that the B1G is just as strong as the ACC at the top. I think the B1G's a better league top to bottom this year, but what would really send a message is if Carolina and/or Duke go down. I'm not so confident that'll happen.

I hope all the Big Ten teams win except for wisconsin.

Top Bottom