The Recruiting Season Is Going To Be Interesting

akgopher

Reaction score
This summer is going to be a real test for the program and Tubby. We will find out if we just hit a bump in the road, or if we are going to battle Penn State for last place during the next 5 years. How do Jones and Vaughan turn down Duke and Kansas to stay home considering how things are going?

Do the practice facility and Williams Arena excuses trump the other issues in the program?

All I can say is this. Coach Smith has been fully successful making the conversation one about facilities rather than about basketball this year. But the downside to that is that he's accentuated the shortcomings of the program in doing so, especially to the local recruits who read the press.

This summer is going to be a real test for the program and Tubby. We will find out if we just hit a bump in the road, or if we are going to battle Penn State for last place during the next 5 years. How do Jones and Vaughan turn down Duke and Kansas to stay home considering how things are going?

Do the practice facility and Williams Arena excuses trump the other issues in the program?[/QUOTE]

To answer your questions:

1. How do Jones and Vaughn turn down those programs? Simple. They don't. There is no reason to think otherwise.

2. According to Tubby, everything that is wrong with the program starts with the practice facility. Once that gets done, magically we'll be able to run a coherent offense and get a full effort for a full game.

Do the practice facility and Williams Arena excuses trump the other issues in the program?

I may be wrong bu Vaughn and Jones are not scheduled to commit this summer as they are only sophs. That aside- the next twelve months are going to be very interesting in a lot of ways.

I have had no issue with Tubby's plea for a practice facility. In fact I'd be pissed if he wasn't openly campaigning for one. The product on the court today and the last two years is doing much more harm to recruiting than the lack of practice facility. No matter who the coach is, no matter what our record is, I hope he campaigns for a practice facility until we have one. I also hope we win more games until we get one. And after we get one.

Go Gophers!!

We got a great class coming in the fall anyhow. Maybe the worst in the Big Ten. If were winning and playing exciting basketball the practice facility sure isn't as much of an issue. We need a coach who makes these kids excited to come here. I don't think we have one.

We got a great class coming in the fall anyhow. Maybe the worst in the Big Ten. If were winning and playing exciting basketball the practice facility sure isn't as much of an issue. We need a coach who makes these kids excited to come here. I don't think we have one.
Have you seen Nebraskas class lol?

Johnnyboy18 said:
Have you seen Nebraskas class lol?

They have a good chance of firing their coach however and throwing tons of money at a hot young coach to go with the top level practice facility and new arena opening next season.

Top Bottom