the real problem

bailee88

Reaction score
over the last 40 plus years the gopher football program has not been as successful as most of us would like.
administrators have come and gone, players have come and gone, coaches have come and gone, reporters(except Sid) have come and gone but what has been the same?
Tha fan base. maybe if we just unconditionally supported the team they would respond. when they are not playing well what if we cheered to try and pick them up and motivate them. they are 18-22 year olds and highly emotional kids I bet these amateurs would respond much moe positively than if we boo them. I sat behind the students yesterday and at key times when the team needed their fans half the students were booing and the rest were not even facing the field.
just a thought
go ahead and rip me i don't care i am going to support my team no matter what.

Eeeeh. I know it would be nice to believe we have the ability to impact the on the field performance but by most statistical measures we don't. I'm not going to rip you for it because I understand wanting to believe that, I just don't think it's true.

Find me a fan base that more or less fills a 50k seat stadium for a football team that has not met expectations in 45 years and is in a market with 4+ professional sports teams.

Top Bottom